The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted House Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Many years the Oregon Vortex was written about in FATE magazine. When I was a kid, having read the article, I would have given just about anything to go see it. Unfortunately, I could never convince my parents to take me there (from New Orleans)!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
George Ledo,
I would be interested in hearing some of your ideas about haunted houses, etc.
Thanks in advance
Always in motion is the future
HauntingMagic
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC USA
38 Posts

Profile of HauntingMagic
Dave, if you were in NC, I'd say let's build one!
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Hey Haunting, we will have to get together when I visit NC. My daughter is married to a Marine and they are moving there later this month. I know that I will have to heat East to visit my Grandbaby sometime in the near future.

Dave
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2007-08-02 15:03, HauntingMagic wrote:
I have wanted to make one to be up year 'round with a room like this (just spooked up a bit):

http://www.mysteryhill-nc.com/house.html

It is pretty cool, I have been there and it is a great illusion. Even knowing how it is done spoils nothing.

There's something similar in Santa Cruz, CA, called The Mystery Spot.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
How much of a budget do you have to work with? I am working on something at the moment which deals with a possessed madman. Guy in a straitjacket with blood all round the room. Main thing is no one sees him till they peer VERY closely through the hole in the door and he creams as he rises from under the door with his SJ on. He backs up against the wall while trying to escape the SJ and is seen rising up the wall off of the floor while he struggles. Working our VERy expensive for me at the moment though working with different devices to make the person rise without the rise looking too mechanical.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Check out The Book of Haunted Magick by Rick Maue. There are all kinds of spooky effects there to send shivers down their spines. My personal favorite is "Demon Ring" it's the first effect explained in the book. It's quite chilling and easy to do. It's worth checking out.

:cheers:

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Okay, I just posted some excerpts from Chapter 1 of my upcoming book on haunted houses (upcoming, as in sometime before the turn of the next century) in the Buffet section. I'll try to do the same for Chapter 2 sometime this weekend... and then I need to do a couple more pieces on stage lighting.

Enjoy, and feel free to comment or PM me.

:eek:
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
The Morris book will help, If you need to buy Morris props and you can't buy them from Morrid directly let me know... but now is the time to be putting it completely together. Many costume and prop shops already have their orders being delevered. Most of the haunted houses will be set up by the end of August.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted House Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL