The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Astrologic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Astrologic is the culmination of years of work on astrological sign divination by Alan Nu. It is obviously a labor of love.

It is hard to know where to even begin to do Astrologic justice. Some of this has been scattered in bits in pieces in Alain’s previous books and publications. But it has never been brought together like this; Alain’s earlier work unfolds and weaves together until he achieves an end result that is simply groundbreaking.

What Alain has essentially done is take the branching anagram method that most of us are familiar with and integrate it with his iconographic methods. In doing so, he has created what he calls “Synthanagrams.” Alain’s methods allow you to move fluidly between letters, images and one other simple type of probe. You appear to be receiving a mix of different types of impressions that allow you to divine signs for one or more people.

Alain’s basic branching anagram, Signagram, is one of the best. He provides a way of memorizing it that is both straightforward and logical.

His Zodiesque method for a larger audience will make you smile. Probably the simplest sign divination possible. Very disarming stuff.

Zodiattack is Alain’s work with branching things other than letters. This version is also in his Nu Secrets and Realities but he takes it to new (Nu?) heights via the Synthanagram. And Alain provides three different forms of Synthanagram.

If that weren’t enough, he convinced Christian Chelman to let him include his approach from an effect in Capricorn Tales that allows you to divine the participant’s actual birth date. Alain took the method which involves a prop and made it propless by combining it with his own work.

The end result is undoubtedly something that will take commitment to perform properly. But until you have it down, there is nothing to stop you from having on hand a killer phone effect. You can even do it over a speakerphone with more than one person.

All this and I’ve still just scratched the surface on the contents of Astrologic. Alain presents his research into the origins of branching anagrams, he gives up his philosophy on how to present this kind of work in the most powerful way, he shares his audience tested ways of minimizing perception of error, his doppelganger approach to giving readings and an approach to preshow work that may actually be something new. I know I’ve never read the likes of it before.

And finally he gives us, “A Hypothetical Stage Show Scenario” wherein audience members, including a challenge scenario, receive brief readings and have their signs divined one, two and three at a time. When all is said and done, you have interacted with and read the minds of 8 participants, finishing with revealing the birthday of one. No props, nothing written down. Just pure mentalism.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Thanks for the great write-up . . .
Cards never lie
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Bill has discussed Mr. Nu's book with me and I'm completely intriqued with the ideas.

I have several Alain Nu manuscripts and look forward to getting this.

His XXX hardcore Mentalism is great too.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
Bill, fantastic review, where is this availible?........
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Whoops! It is available at magicalthinking.net
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
Cheers Bill...........
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Astrologic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL