The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Slip Count (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
I am working on the slip count for a routine. I refer to the move where during the process of counting a number of bills from hand to hand, a bill or more is falsely counted through repeating the same sound and motion. I am basically learning it on my own, and would be very interested to see any references or descriptions of it in books or dvds.

Can anyone refer me to any? Thanks.
myronQfinkelnopper
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of myronQfinkelnopper
The DVD Hundy 500 demonstrates again and again what he calls a "short change artist" version of this. I think it's what yur lookin fer.
DML
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Sounds good, I'll definitely look that up, thanks myronQ
oldi
View Profile
New user
switzerland
92 Posts

Profile of oldi
Hi
On Daryl`s 2 Lecture of International Magic is a very nice and convincing method. I have the video, but do not know if there is an other Daryl DVD with the move
Best regards
André
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Thanks Oldi. Is Daryl 2 the name of the actual lecture I should look for?
oldi
View Profile
New user
switzerland
92 Posts

Profile of oldi
Hi Kris.
The name of the videotape is "Daryl 2nd lecture". Video ref: IMV / 9606
Many very nice routines with cards, bills and rope.
"The puzzling bill vanish" is the routine which uses the move you are looking for.
You can find the video here:

http://www.internationalmagic.com/acatal......s_2.html
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Ok, I'll look for it!
oldi
View Profile
New user
switzerland
92 Posts

Profile of oldi
Found another source of this routine:
http://www.foolerdoolers.com/store/produ......d=100104
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
A very nice routine that uses a fake count is Fred Kap's Currency. Kap worked out a very engaging routine where the spectators initially count out 11 into the magi's hand. When the magi counts, there are only 10, so he get another from the spec, yet there are still only 10, so he gets another from the spec, still there are only 10. He then gives the bills to the spec to count, yup, only ten. This goes on for a few more iterations. It uses more than a fake count, but is a wonderfully thought out routine. Search the internet for Stephen Bargatze, he does this wonderfully.

I have Hundy 500, and essentially the same false count is used, but Wilson is doing it in a way that it is obvious to the spec that it is a fake count (hence, there is no magic associated with Wilson's use of the count). Personally, I like Kap's routine (and it is less money to carry around!)

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Actually a variation of the Kaps routine you mention is precisely what I am learning the move for Smile

When you say Wilson in Wundy is doing the move 'in a way that is obvious to the spectator', is that because you think he's not doing it well enough, or because he deliberately shows it to spectators?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
As best I remember Wilson presents the fake count by counting a few bills as if it was 100 - 500. He did this for humor, not magic. People may not know exactly what he is doing, but that phase of the routine makes the spectator aware that it is possible to "count" the money in a way to make it appear that there is more than there really is. Hence, I would not want to do this phase of Hundy 500, if I was going to latter try to fool someone with a false count.

There is nothing lacking in Wilson's presentation of the count, and the count does fool people (if done as part of an overall routine, not as a trick in and of itself). The first time I performed this, one of the spectators put his nose right up to the bills as I counted them - he didn't see a thing. I even did this for a (off duty) bank tellar; she didn't see anything either, but thought the bills were somehow gimmicked and checked them out rigorously.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Slip Count (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL