The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Muscle Pass DVD Jay Noblezada (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
So the Akira dvd is the way to go?..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2007-08-11 06:57, joseph wrote:
So the Akira dvd is the way to go?..

Coins Akira DVD is an ADVANCED class in muscle pass technique. What David Kong is offering in his video is not only some advanced handling, but the proper foundation needed to accurately practice the muscle pass, techniques to help strengthen ur pass, and THEN uses for the pass, that from what I've seen, seem a bit off the beaten path.

My humble suggestion would be to invest in Kong's offering as your groundwork, AND THEN look into Coins Akira DVD. While you're at it, I'd also suggest staying on the other side of the street to completely avoid any DVD cover that has the words "Penguin" and "Muscle Pass" on them.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Quote:
On 2007-08-11 00:21, Pathian wrote:
Two from penguin?

No, one from Penguin, and one from Magic Makers... and one from me.

Regarding Coins Akiras... what he said Smile

- David
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
I always thought a DVD on the muscle pass was like one for riding a bicycle. I guess it can help, but why?
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Hey, this is not an easily mastered move! And some of us are rather desperate, I guess, to speed up our learning. Anyway, I hope everyone interested remembers that John Cornelius himself is on Ammar's "The Floating Bill and The Coin That Falls Up." This DVD includes John's presentation from decades ago on national TV, his detailed instructions on learning the move and getting more distance, applications (including thru the glass door), tips (incl'g "Adding a tossing motion is the most common mistake that detracts from the impact."), discussions with Michael Ammar (including the inspiration for the move from a Chuck Smith routine), and other information on development of Muscle Pass moves, applications, and warnings on what to avoid, even a False Muscle Pass!
On second thought, forget Ammar’s DVD. With it, I may eventually have some moves that could amaze Penguinites.
Thanks for making me realize I need to use much more what I already have and could do so I'd curb my browsing/shopping time.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
175 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
Which is the most commonly used coin for this routine? Is it the 38mm wide coins, Morgan Dollars?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 21:35, Curtis Kam wrote:
I'll quote myself from another thread:

Well, the Penguin disc is already up for sale at HP. Many intriguing things about it, including the item:

"Classic Palm Vanish (Ramsey)"

Here's an assignment for the class--how many things make that statement oxymoronic? Unless, of course, it is the work of someone whose name actually is "Ramsey", and not John Ramsay. Nice of them to give a break to someone who's not as "well-known" as Jay whatshisname.

Things like this show you the upside of a lack of credits--if they did include them, they would likely get them wrong.

It is my understanding that Ramsey didn't even use classic palm, or couldn't. In its place, he used an "angle palm" type of concealment/holdout.
James Stob
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of James Stob
When John Cornelius did (does) the muscle pass, the coin seems to just jump out of his palm. The first time I saw it, I thought it had to be a trick coin.
shek
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
244 Posts

Profile of shek
I was excited about the Jay's Muscle Pass DVD when it was being all hyped up on Penguin (being relatively new to magic and never having seen the muscle pass in action before), but seeing as there are better DVDs coming out, I will be waiting on those before I tackle this move. Still waiting for David Kong to release his DVD...Smile
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
Sent an e-mail to themusclepass.com web site and PMed David here at the Café about a week ago trying to find out if/when the DVD is coming out. No reply. Anyone have any luck getting info??
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
We're working on it, guys! The DVD should be coming out soon. I'll keep you posted.
Abaddon
View Profile
New user
NYC
2 Posts

Profile of Abaddon
Rich Ferguson has a poker chip DVD out that I believe teaches the muscle pass along with many other effects that can be used on coins.

http://www.richferguson.com/products.html
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
I have the immense displeasure of only being able to get the coin to "pass" about 1 inch high. Do you think that the Kong DVD or any DVD might help me learn how to do this beautiful move?
The real magic is family!
obuch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of obuch
Still jay's dvd is good for learning this move
dodgechargerrt30
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
158 Posts

Profile of dodgechargerrt30
Yea I actually like Jay a lot and I have the dvd and he shows many performances on the move and even though he may cheat at the move he gets Great reactions from the pass

and I really thought that's what it was all about
if you make the spectator happy and they really look amazed than you have done your job

as far as credit I don't know why penguin doesn't give credit but some times people do come up with stuff on their own and therefore don't think there is credit to give...now if this is what happened I don't know ...i kind of doubt it but in the end jay seems like a good guy and if you don't know anything about this move and you get the dvd it will work for you and you will be able to do the move...its up to you to refine it but you will be able to do it

DC
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something
Ray_Mago
View Profile
New user
Rio Rancho
82 Posts

Profile of Ray_Mago
I don't know what most of you are complaining about, the crediting? that is only a minor problem, go to itricks.com and they give this dvd a beautiful review, it is better than a lot of stuff out there.
Have you Amazed?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***I don't know what most of you are complaining about, the crediting? that is only a minor problem***

Ray,
This is NOT a minor problem it is a HUGE problem in the magic community (as well as others) and I will simply leave it at that as I'm quite sure others will weigh in on this and you may learn a bit more than you had bargained for when making that statement! Hang on young squire!
Mick
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
I think Jay giving wrong advice but he's using a silver dollar coin which is much heavier and harder to MP. I find it ok for him to give some momentum to the coin to lift off. But you can see without using the muscle pass, using the same movement won't allow the coin to travel that high as the movement for it is not enough to propel it. (No muscle pass, tossing)

But I think he should say that lifting off the hand too much is not recommended. Even David Kong's muscle pass has abit of upward motion to get the momentum going.
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Muscle Pass DVD Jay Noblezada (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL