The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Posting on old threads » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rkrahlmann
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of rkrahlmann
Here's a question: should posting on old threads count toward someone's magic 50? Should there be a limit, say 2 weeks since the last post, for it to count?

Pro: Sometimes a new post will start the topic up again.

Con: It seems like this is usually done by new posters trying to up their count. This also may be that they don't notice the dates of the last post.

I have no opinion, but I have noticed this.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
rkrahlmann: Thanks for your question. All posts in legitimate forums count regardless of the age of the thread. Many times, a new comer will have a great idea or thought which is why posts are kept available. If their post starts the topic up again, that's great. It's why we are here. We have multiple staff members that watch all of the posts to insure members are not just posting to get to 50.
Where the magic begins
rkrahlmann
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of rkrahlmann
That's what I thought. And it is great when an old post gets fresh life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Posting on old threads » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL