The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ever heard of a "Japanese PK Board?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
http://cgi.ebay.com/JAPANESE-PK-BOARD-PO......ViewItem
(hopefully the link works)

Curious if anyone has ever seen this device. If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
This looks an awful lot like Tomo Maeda's "2-D Spoon," based on the Out To Lunch principle, and originally published in the July, 2003 issue of Genii. I may be completely wrong about this, but it at least looks like it.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Magiguy may be right. The effect reads almost exactly like the description mentioned in the July 2003 issue of Genii. One point I do not understand though, is that why is this so expensive? If it IS the same trick from Genii, the whole thing doesn't take more than a few dollars to construct. Please fill me in here.

Best,
Charles
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I certainly can't rationalize the cost, Charles. It's an ebay listing, so if the seller thinks its unique,and there's no way anyone can check it's 'value,' they'll charge whatever they think they can get! This is why I was asking if anyone knew about this device/routine.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Ebay can sell anything with the right amount of hype. Sometimes the higher the price, the more in demand and absolutely necessary an item seems. "Japan" is a bit of a keyword in the magic community right now (thanks to someone in particular, from this Café, who will remain nameless Smile !!). Sadly, if we are indeed correct about this item, someone will likely be taken in by this seller. Then again, perhaps we are entirely wrong and there's more to this than meets the eye. Either way, I'll stick with Maeda's version. The $200+ I'll save would buy a lot of magic... (not to mention groceries, etc...).
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
OTL Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Well, someone bought it ...

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ever heard of a "Japanese PK Board?" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL