The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Can a decent gaffed Wallet be made DIY? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi everyone, I read a long thread about wallets and have decided to try to make a gaffed one.. with someones help .. of course.

Thats if its possible to do so, and end up with a useful gaff that can carry my small things around in.

I do not think that I can make one as good as these "all singing all dancing" wallets I read about BUT one that has a few good uses would be great.

I have lots of wallets lying around that I have bought over the years and feel its high time I had one as everyone raves about the wonders that can be acheived with a gaffed wallet.

Thanks Alan
craig fothers
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of craig fothers
What kind of wallet did you have in mind??
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
Yes, a decent gaffed wallet can be made at home.

I made my first Mullica wallet myself and there are others you could make.

To be ethical, you need to invest in perhaps the Mentzer "CARD TO WALLET" book and/or the Pat Page "Card in Wallet" video which describes the construction of a simple but effective gimmicked wallet.
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Pianoman--

Most of the marketed gaffed wallets are nothing more than a regular wallet which has been gaffed by hand!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
It's times like this I miss living in London.
I could just jump on the bus and go see all the wallets, etc... being demoed in Davenports, Repro etc...

Up here, I have to ask constant questions that might appear pointless to the casual observer.

My nearest magic shop is in Oslo which is probably 10 to 12 hours drive over the mountains!!!

Thanks for the replies guys

Regards Alan
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
I have now ordered a copy of " Mentzers Card to Wallet ".
I have heard that it covers most of the wallets principles and methods.

Regards Alan
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I once considered making my own wallet, but I found for the money my BKM was the best buy I could find. If you wear a jacket or blazer this is a great wallet works as either a Kapps or Mullica wallet & has ample space for other items such as bills & cards, I have even set it up for Kollosal Killer.
Allen Gittelson
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
145 Posts

Profile of Allen Gittelson
It is certainly possible to make gaff wallets yourself as well as many other types of gaffs. If you keep your eyes opened, you can also find items that do not need to be altered and can be used for conjuring purposes. For example, I have a calendar books that could easily be used for a card to wallet with no alterations made at all.

As far as wallets go, I made some Dr. Jaks peek wallets myself that I used for quite a while before I got the Sight Unseen Case mark II from Mark Strivings, which is a wonderful utility item. For a peek these days, I prefer bare handed peek methods, but second to that method, I prefer the SUC.

I always keep my eyes and mind open to possibilities of things that I see everywhere. Department stores, office supply stores, toy stores. These are great playgrounds for my mind. I've come up with lots of great ideas and uses for objects readily available from these places.

In thoughts,
Allen
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I made my own Mullica wallet, and it's great. For Parr's improvement on the Mullica wallet (which is so nice, when he showed it to Burger he was asked to "make mine like yours" on the spot!), get a copy of Parr's outstanding book, Brain Food. You'll want it anyway, because his handling of this prop is exceptional.

Then, buy the Santa Fe Secretary-style wallet from Rolfs.com (the only source I've found for the hard-to-find Secretary style).

All told, it will cost you about half the price of a store-bought Mullica, and it's probably better.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
REALLY old thread, I know. Just curious if this is the one: http://www.rolfs.net/santafeattache.html

Doesn't seem big enough.
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Just found this: http://www.rolfs.net/sanfepocsec.html

Does that look right?
Random_Hajile
View Profile
New user
Xi'an, China & London, England
35 Posts

Profile of Random_Hajile
Always been fascinated with gaffed wallets. Is there a good source on how to make / prepare a wallet? I've got loads sitting here and since I'm in China, I can find designer wallets "off the back of a truck"... so to speak... I'd love to have a gaffed Gucci wallet...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Can a decent gaffed Wallet be made DIY? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL