The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Signed card, removable label (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jmuscold
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of jmuscold
For a signed card trick does anyone use Avery removable labels?

This would obviously make your decks last a lot longer, just curious if anyone has experience with these.

Do they come off clean, work as intended?

Any thoughts.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Never tried em but I'd think they'd be too sticky and may remove some color from the card not to mention that the spec might think it was a way of making the deck like a crimp or punch etc. I save my old decks for signed tricks so I don't feel like I'm blowing 2 bucks every time I do the trick.
MagicalAdam
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of MagicalAdam
I would just use the card. That way there is no excuse for the amazing feat that just happened. They can also keep the card and that makes it more memorable.
"Mommy, what's that man doing up there?"
"He's putting on a Blindfold, my dear."
"What's a Blindfold, Mommy?"
"Something you wear so that you cannot see."
"Why's he wearing one, Mommy?"
"So that he can tell us what he's looking at." -
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
Avery labels would not come off clean. They are meant to stick and stay stuck. You might try scotch or masking tape, which can be removed relatively easily and use a sharpie. Otherwise, just go to thrift stores and buy throwaway decks of cards.

Dan
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
They now have a removable Scotch tape on the market.

Jim
wardini
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of wardini
I replace decks on a regular basis as they tend to become 'sticky' so losing cards isn't a problem. Also as was mentioned using a label will make people suspicious.
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
I'd agree to just have the card signed. I appreciate the cost/rpelacement issue but unless you need a full deck for an effect (which I never do) you can use the deck often even if you lose a few individual cards through being signed. Eventually as MickeyPainless said I think, put that deck aside and keep it as a practice deck buy a new one and use that as that as your 'working' or live performance deck - never use it except live so that it lasts longer and stays prestine. This is a very economical practice that saves you money. For the practice deck you can not only practice your standard sleights and tricks but also tricks and sleights that actively wear out or ruin cards eg 'torn and restored', mercury fold, & cards across all come to mind.
mrsmiles
(UK)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Signed card, removable label (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL