The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The name of illusion Please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
It's the Kovari Box, made by Kovari in England. I picked mine up from Alain Choquette here in Montreal. It is made to break down, but I had a case made to take it full size, just roll it in.

It is a good cabaret illusion, can be done surounded, outside, etc. You can train someone very quickly to use as a "volunteer" from the audience.

I start my routine by having someone from the audience get in and I try to put the main blade through, they scream (cued) and then I put my assistant in and do the deed with the audience member standing behind the illusion to make sure the blades go all the way through. They are puzzled also.

Good illusion.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Is it me or is the one in the video narrower than the one put out by George Kovari? I saw his version at Blackpool Convention about 5 years ago, and it seemed wider.

Mark

Just gone to his website, maybe it was just my memory. Just a little change, its actually called MAGICIAN'S REVENGE, priced at £1150 and it can be found here...

http://www.waterfallstudios.co.uk/kovarimagic/sdex.htm
Mark Daniel
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Hey MMD,

It looks to be the same size as mine. The way it is painted leads to the deceptive nature of the piece.

Although........

The unit I have, while it came from Alain, was brought over here by Kovari and used on the conventions with his son as the slicee!! So you never know, maybe he does make different sizes, but, alas, I thinketh not!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Someone want to trade with for "The complete act" sean bogunia
is $1200

he have this illusion "kovari box"

so it's good deal ?
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

It depends on the condition of either and what you'll get the most mileage out of. Its comopletely your choice but you may only get 3 mins out of Magician's Revenge, but 10 mins out of Sean Begunia's act.

Have a think

Mark
Mark Daniel
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

With the audience by-play with the Kovari unit I get somewhat more time.

Blair Marshall,
"ShaZzam!"
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Quote:
On 2007-08-15 06:00, magicmarkdaniel wrote:
It depends on the condition of either and what you'll get the most mileage out of. Its comopletely your choice but you may only get 3 mins out of Magician's Revenge, but 10 mins out of Sean Begunia's act.

Have a think
Mark

10 min with Sean Begunia's act ?
No .. I do just 4 min .

Thanks
David
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

With the complete set? Personally I think you can get much longer out of them, but it depends on your act at the end of the day, and what is suitable for you.

Mark
Mark Daniel
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
My hank routine is more than 4 minutes, and it´s easy to do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The name of illusion Please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL