The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dice Magic... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Chosse... nice to see you here!

You missed one.

Driebeek Die.

Pat Page gag. We were stacking dice and all of a sudden I could NOT stack...

The rascal had loaded a handkerchief into the cup when I wasn't looking.

What's the second way to vanish the dice when seemingly stacking?

I love the false fall and back up die. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Hi Pete!

You won't believe it (the vanish, I mean...)

You pick up the dice in the standard figure 8 swing, one at a time, on the right to left sweep, and after you pick up the last one, and under cover of the final sweep to the left, you TURN THE CUP OVER! By the way, this is the one time that you DO NOT stack the dice. When you stop the last swing you have moved your hand so that it covers the top of the cup (otherwise they would see the mouth of the cup instead of the bottom), and you lift staight up to reveal the stack - which isn't there! This assumes that you have a straight-sided cup that looks the same right-side up or upside down (Okito coin box principle). The first time I saw this I was fooled badly - expecting the steal to the other hand, my eyes went right there and there was nothing to see...

I do the vanish with my left hand far away from the table, and cop a large die just as I lift the cup to reveal no stack - then put the cup in the left hand and slap the supposed bottom, apparently knocking the large die out of the cup as a final production (like the production from the solid cup, remember?) - it takes the heat off the vanish, as everyone wants to look at the 3" die - take the large die back and drop it in the cup, covering the 4 small dice, and put the cup away to thunderous applause!

Best, PSC

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
557 Posts

Profile of debaser
That's too cool Pchosse.

I think the best cup I have for the job still has some threading on the bottom of the cup. But I'll have to look around for a new cup.

Matt
Rich Fredeking
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, Florida
147 Posts

Profile of Rich Fredeking
What about Ivory Connection?
Rich Fredeking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dice Magic... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL