The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Repertoire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I'd suggest deciding on the context of your performance first, and then the rest will fall into place more easily.

Who are you as a Performer? What do you want the audience the think about you and about what you are doing? If you think about these questions, and then stay within the structure of what you decide, it will inform you as to which effects will work best for you.

- entity
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
I only do one effect (mindreading) but there are many different ways I can do it.

D.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
There are many performers who have built up their entire reputation on the basis of one effect.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Many?

- entity
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Geller.
Reese.
Cayce.
Kuda Bux.

Off the top O my head,

J ack

H.O.,A-x
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
4 isn't Many. I'd even question those 4...

Geller does design dupes, compass moving, seed sprouting, teleportations, remote viewing, predictions, blindfold driving, pencil moving and dowsing as well as metal bending.

Cayce wasn't what I'd call a performer. He made most of his money as an author, I believe.

Reese was a psychic reader in one on one situations, more than a public performer. He made a reputation amongst psychics and magicians, but very few in the general public know his name today.

Kuda Bux lived in an era when a performer could perfect one 12 or 20 minute act and make a living their entire life doing just that on a vaudeville or variety artist's circuit. Those days are long gone.

I can't think of any hugely famous modern day mentalism performer who is a "one trick pony". To become enormously successful or well known today requires television exposure, and the modern public's appetite for new material wouldn't allow for too much of the same thing.

- entity
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
John Edwards or VanPrough,
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
You got to have some special talent to misspeal 2 names one after another.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
He used the paranormal spelling. Smile
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Is that one of the routines he sent to the new Geller show?

And I meant to write misspell of course.. I feel ironic today.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I think it depends on how you break down 'effects'. I do a version of of three envelope test (or 4DT as it was later referred too), to me that counts as three effects in itself. Three outcomes from the same routine. So if we could 4DT as 3 effects then in my 45 minute show I do 5 effects. (7 if you split 4DT in to 3 effects of course).
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
Thank you all so much for replying.
Anyone else who wants to (dares to) participate ? I mean, so many views, so relatively few replies !
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
FOABT, DCOABT, 2 playing card effects Glenn Gravitt ripped off and published 1/2 century ago, NWOOTW, a Slop-Shuffle Triumph effect utilizing earlier selections, my variation on Paul Harris's Grasshopper, a fascinating ESP card effect sold as "Triperception" by EZ but older than that (ripped off). All effects empower audience and participants. My framework sets that condition first. I am having spectacular fun playing and working with Roth's Reflections for future inclusion as well as recent material offered by Jim Callahan, Jack Galloway, Tony I, Patrick Redford and Lord of the Horses. Greg Arce's contribution to PS2 is inspirational and I have Tarot effects from a number of sources (Waters, Minch, etc.) I have been polishing for seven years for eventual audience worthiness.
--coupcoupdaddy
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
Thanks, Thomas !
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Tone
Quote:
On 2007-09-16 10:21, thomas hastings wrote:
FOABT, DCOAB

You couldn't possibly be referring to the elusive "Father Of All Book Tests" as well as the ultra secret "Divine Child Of All Book Tests"!!!!!!??????
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Repertoire (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL