The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Foam Birthday Cakes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Not sure if this is the place to ask but I will try. I have a foam birthday cake I use in my dove pan routine. I had packed it away for awhile as I was creating a new act and when I took the cake out of the case I found it was smashed. Is there a way to bring it back to looking somewhat normal? Didn't know if I could just get it damp and see or what. Any help would be a great one.

Thank you

Steven
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Try soaking it water. I know it works for sponge balls.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
If not cold water, try hot water. It may loosen the glue, so be ready to re-glue it if necessary.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Just soak it in Cold Water and thoroughly wring out the water and let the cake dry overnite in your sink or your dish drainer. This should help it has always worked for me.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Thank you to all that posted. Sorry it took me so long to get back here. I will try the cold water idea and see what happens. I guess if I need to reglue then just use crafters glue? The one in the hot glue gun?

Thank you
Steven
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
The sponge cake is OK, but anyone know if there are any other sponges? I have a really cool snowman, and a Christmas Tree. They both are so much funnier than the cake. Also, much bigger, and they look really solid compared to the sponge cake. I'd love to have something really wacky like a sponge hammer, or a giant rat with a big swollen stomach first he ate the cake, and now he's got a STOMACH-CAKE!
So, what's the biggest dove pan out there? Is there one that would fit Steve Axtell's Giant Rat?
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
If your looking for foam props check out Peachey's web site, I have a number of his, including birthday cake, xmas tree, jack-o-lantern fire hydrant:

http://www.peacheykeene.com/prop%20catolog.htm

Peachey does large and small foam work.
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Thanks, btedski, those are the props I was talking about. The snowman is the best! Although not quite as huge as the christmas tree, which really doesn't look like it should fit in the pan at all. I like the idea of the fire hydrant, but in the UK,they're pretty rare, and not red, so it wouldn't work here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Foam Birthday Cakes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL