The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Looking for antique gimmicks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I was at a very large get together with antiques,flea markets,gas engines & tractors in a small town called Portland that's in East Central Indiana,and only found one magic gimmick that one vendor had (was an Adams money maker). Plus some old magazines published by Abbot in Michigan.

I`d guessed there would be more magic related items there since many travel to this event from all over the US,and Canada. Interesting what you search for and find at these places. Many of you into coin magic you can find some neat old coins at reasonable prices at flea markets like this.
:spinningcoin:
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I once found an old (wooden knob type) Adams "Money Maker" at a flea market, as well...hmmm...

Steve
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
While walking out of a church fleamarket, I met a fellow magician going in. Later he showed me a Chinese Arm Chopper and a Dove Pan he found with the kitchen stuff!

Rats!

Andy
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Many places like the garage sales & flea markets I have been looking for those things in the past months. It is really interesting what you find & what people have had for sale. Several have performed simple magic themselves. Last week I met 2 engine exhibitors that are familiar with the ring & chain trick.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Yes, these are great places to look for interesting accessories that can be used as magic gimmicks.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
That's true James,many of the books I seen shows you how to gimick many things.I was told that onec a year in Colon Michigan they have a big sale on magic items. Have to make it up there some day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Looking for antique gimmicks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL