The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Airport "Sniffing Machines" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ted Danger
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco/Utila
106 Posts

Profile of Ted Danger
I recently flew an international flight out of Ft. Lauderdale with my eight year old daughter. I don't know if it's because of the websites I visit, or my wild lifestyle, but I'm always the lucky guy who gets "randomly selected" (sound familiar) to try out the latest anti terror device. It just so happens, that I'm fully loaded for magic. Not only do I have flash paper, lighters, I've also got a pocketful of ronsonal soaked cotton on my person.

They have me step into the brand new, super expensive, "sniffer" machine, which, according to the TSA screener, will show if there are any flamables or explosives. Well I was sure I was going to sound off. But, No. All that tax money is for some corrupt contractors. The thing just plain don't work. I really had mixed emotions. You kinda hope that the machine works, and you can explain you just came from a gig, or whatever. I think you could bring about anything through that machine.

I'm done with my vent.......
"One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." Albert E.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Perhaps if you'd asked them to adjust the acceptable levels for incendiary chemicals your dream of being arrested in front of your 8-year-old daughter would've come true.
POOF!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Gee dude, are you nuts?
Carrying flammable substances on the plane in a carry on, or even a "down below" bag is bad enough, but to actually have it on you while you go through security? Not to offend, but that's just stupid...
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I agree with Cory.

Whoever this person is was very stupid. Now he may not be the type that would go ape s_ _t if he was found out and arrested. But the type of person that does this type of thing often does. It shows there not very smart and just an agressive a_s. Too bad the items were not found on you. You deserve to be locked up in a looney bin.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
You should have told them that you were loaded then see if they would've found anything...lol

It's all BS

After you go through the charade, you can walk into any deli and grab a handful of plastic forks (Which are right out in the open) and make a prison shank.

That's what I heard, anyway...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Airport "Sniffing Machines" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL