The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Annemann Life and Times book? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
557 Posts

Profile of debaser
In all the "whats your favorite book" threads, I have never seen this book posted. I have some Annemann books and the complete Jinx, but have allways wondered if this book is worth the price or not, relative to owning some of the more well known books individually.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Matt
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
The book has everything Annemann published and more. Biographical information is dispersed inbetween and through out. Great book!

Charles Spector Smile
Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Thomas Hudecsek
I love the book!!!
In fact it is one of my absolute favorite books, because i am a big fan of Annemann.
There are some wonderful pictures in it.
A complete serie of pics showing Annemann doing the bullet catch.

I am proud to own it.

Thomas
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
557 Posts

Profile of debaser
So is it better for the historical information or does it have usefull stuff beyond the annamenn classics.

I watched footage of the annemann bullet catch on a documentary. TOTALLY AMAZING, HAS TO BE WITHOUT A DOUBT THE MOST DRAMATIC BULLET CATCH EVER.

Matt
Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Thomas Hudecsek
In that book there should be everything ever published by Annemann.
Beside that there are a lot of reprints of Annemanns Comercial Sheets he used to sell his effects. Interesting to read because it shows how he saw his effects.

I can not compare it with his single published books because i have not bought them.

Thomas

The book is realy huge!
Brash
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Brash
The book is great from a historical perspective and also for the effects. Although most (if not all) of the material is available elsewhere (PME, Jinx) it is arranged in historical order which gives some real insight into the creative development of one of the great masters of our art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Annemann Life and Times book? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL