The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Animal productions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sak07
View Profile
New user
Stirling/Manchester UK
54 Posts

Profile of sak07
I am looking into the possibility of using some small animals in some of my routines.
Some issues: A topit is a little rough and most animals wouldn't appreciate being chucked up a topit. Any slight of hand is out of the question because the animal would be moving and difficult to manipulate. I want to produce things like mice, butterflies, tarantulas, scorpions from my seemingly empty hands but cannot work out a consistent method. Could anyone suggest anything, maybe a topit would work and has anyone tried it suucessfully, or is there another way, I've heard of Rocco producing butterflies from his hands and seen scorpions and tarantulas being produced on TV so there must be a way. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
The Now You See It, Now You Don't, gimmick that comes with a book and video has a really interesting idea in the book. Making up a "harness" for insects. The harness would be attached to the insect, or animal, in which you would perform the killer move. This is just an idea.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Is this for adults or children?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Never under estimate the utility of the Silk Cabby!

Bob
The Amazed Wiz
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Play around with it and design a gimmick.
I do a torn and restored newspaper and then produce a snake from the newspaper light up the newspaper and produce another snake from a dove pan. (then I feed one of my doves to the snake LOL not really) The snakes are about a foot and a half in lenght. The newspaper is gimmicked.
I imagine you could do the same with maybe scorpions (even exactly what I do) and you need about 5 mins to prep it.
If you want to I'll PM it to you but it is so simple it cannot be original so I don't even know who did it first. Not me.
magicjackct
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
64 Posts

Profile of magicjackct
I used to work a little with the white mice, but I must warn you they are very quick and seldom stay still. After practicing with them a number of times I figured the surprise of producing one wasn't worth the risk of one getting away from me in someones house.
I don't think the parties would be rolling in after that fiasco.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I have the same problem with my squirrel. it just runs. Luckily I got it to respond to its name>?>?
Each animal is unique but for mice I suggest what I do with the squirrel.
Get a leash made that fits around the body like a harnass.
Tie the end to something in your prop then they are easy to keep under control and catch if they do run away.
magicjackct
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
64 Posts

Profile of magicjackct
Sounds like a good idea, but do you think that a mouse would chew through it? Has the squirrel?
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I don't think I would produce spiders and scorpions at a childrens show.
Stick with cute cuddly animals.
Daniel Faith
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
They do chew thru it but you shouldnt leave it on long enough for it to chew thru.
How long is the show? Use nylon rather than leather I don't know if it lasts longer or if they dislike the taste.
magicmike001
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of magicmike001
I don't think a squrrel would stay in a harness without making a lot of noise and a fuss.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Training and rewards mate.
It doesn't want to but eventually the carrot or sunflower seeds start paying of.
I don't leave it in the harnass all the time. A few minutes a day.
I will use it on stage with music so the sound is almost irrelevant so is the fuss.
It is the fastest little bugger I 've seen ever though but it is getting there slowly.LOL
The best pet I've ever had though except for when the bladder goes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Animal productions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL