The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Leaving Home By Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jolan Vanderdark
View Profile
New user
The Brownsville City Morgue
54 Posts

Profile of Jolan Vanderdark
Anyone have this effect that would care to review it? Thank You.

The Effect
Imagine yourself visually melting an ordinary key on and off a length of cord. Everything can be examined.

The effect is crisp, clear, and extremely powerful.

What You Get:

The secret
The instructions
The equipment
The ability to perform this acclaimed close-up trick in your shows.

Manufacturer Says:
This effect has been in Jay Sankey's professional repertoire for over a decade and comes complete with illustrated instructions, keys and a length of durable, silky smooth tailor's cord.
Smile
Yes....Eventually you will come to me.

And Ohhh...What Sights I Have To Show You!!
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
You can find this routine on his "Sankey-tized" series. Volume 1 of 2. It's a nice little routine. I would probably recommend the video over the trick because you can supply the necessary props yourself.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Jolan, it's funny that you bring this trick up. Today, I was going through one of my many magic drawers, to see what I could bring out and polish up a little. I have purchased so much in the past few months, trying to get a foothold on what I want to do with my magic-self. I thought it would be fun to take something out of the drawer that I haven't played with in a while. And Leaving Home is what dropped into my hands.

I bought the trick as a seperate item a while ago, and have since been told that a better purchase would have been the "Sankey-Tized" videos, where it is located along with many other effects. The trick is easily made up (total cost: maybe 2 US dollars) but you're paying for Jay's handling really. All necessary items do come with the marketed version, by the way.

It is easy and QUICK. The trick lasts about 20-30 seconds if done as per Sankey, and looks just great. You just wear a key around your neck on a piece of silk cord, and wait for someone to take the bait ("What's that key around your neck for?"). Then you knock their socks off!

It is interesting that after reading the directions again today after not performing this effect for a long time, I was MUCH better and smoother at it today, than I was months ago when I bought it. I am going to start wearing this again, I think.

Hope this was informative!

Jay Smile
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
It's also found in his Very Best of Jay Sankey series of DVDs. Get the video, I second KC.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
This is truly one of my favorites...I wear this just about everywhere.

"Hey, what's with the key around your neck there?"

"This key?"

You actually get asked to do a routine if you wear this one... very cool!
Tony Chapparo
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
There is a video of this, I think at Penguin.

Ivan
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Leaving Home By Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL