The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Remote Control Flash Device (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
I would like to utilize a remote control device to burn a bill in a money change envelope as part of my bill in lemon routine. Does anyone know if it is possible to do this? If so, where would one purchase it from?

Joe Finkler
Vancouver, CANADA
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
The cheapest and easiest way to do this is to wire either a glow plug, model rocket igniter or an electronic match to ignite your flash to a remote controlled fart machine. Disconnect the speaker and replace it with the igniter leads. Hope this helps.

MDS
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Drawback with the Remote from the fart machine and fire is that it could trigger easily as the remote is not the greatest in the world.
Dennis Michael
doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
Thanks for your ingenious suggestion (Matthew) and your caution (Dennis). I laughed when I read the advice about the fart machine.

Probably, I will have to find an electronics wizard or a company that markets special effects devices.

Joe Finkler
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have made my own flashpots for many years. Try this company:

theatrefx.com
Mister Mystery
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Just think of the effect if you use the fart machine and forget to disconnect the speaker!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Marcello Contento sells very reliable and reasonably priced remotes. You hook on of these up to a glow plug or nichromewire as Matt suggests. Then add a little flashpaper. Beaware that the fire issue continues to be a problem in a lot of venues.

The flash paper itself will not burn the bill without some kind of catalyst (lighter fluid) on the bill. Contento's remotes are able to be set for specific channels so the chance of others triggering it are very remote. I think they run under $100.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
Richard,

I have heard of the Contento card fountains, but I did not know he made remote control devices. Does he have a website?

And Mr. Regan, I will check out theatrefx.com website.

Thank you again for your advice.

Joe Finkler
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Here is a couple of Remote Controller devices:
Animatronic Types

MP3 Tech Type

Don't know how to use them but they are interesting
Dennis Michael
doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
Dennis,

Thanks for providing me with these website addresses.

I don't know how to incorporate the technology with my idea, but I'll keep searching.

Kind regards,

Joe Finkler
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Doctor_joe,

I have quite a bit of experience in radio control, send me a PM and I can try to help you -Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
Craig,

Thanks for your response to my message concerning remote control ignition systems. I have a basic understanding of electronics and I used to tinker as a kid because my dad had an electronics distribution business, but my shop is really minimal now.

Anyway, I would be keen to speak with you about radio control for this and other effects. What is the best way to contact you. My e-mail is jfinkler@interchange.ubc.ca. I can also provide my telephone number.

Joe Finkler
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

I am sending you an email, PM me if you do not get it. -Craig
<BR>www.promystic.com
AndyComic
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of AndyComic
Ok, I just want to jump in here to just clarify as the whole fire and farts is looking like some aussie comedian. So your saying basically a remote control device (could be anything but your suggestion is a fart machine) hooked up to a some igniter. I know of the glow plug and model engine but I don't know what an electronic match is of where to buy one. I posted this idea on an electronics forum about a year ago and got some pretty complicated answers but these ones are looking good. Craig, I see you PM'ed joe but it'll be great if you just spill your ideas here.

Andy
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Try hank lee...laser flash..it might suit your performance
Frank
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Sorry to not give the idea andycomic, did not want to sound like a sales pitch. I build miniature encrypted radio control stuff from scratch. You can find larger components on ebay and in other location (search 2 channel radio on google). Use it to put 9V across an rocket igniter and poof. Or you can use an electric match, lots on google. Or, you can wrap nichrome wire around flash cotton and apply 9V.

Turns out I built a small device for dr_joe and he used it in a performance. Let me know if you want more details.

-Craig
<BR>www.promystic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Remote Control Flash Device (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL