The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skywalker levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
For those of you who have, and have performed this effect. I have have been told it is painful.
Not painful to watch, but that it hurts physically during performance. Is this true?
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
There should already be a Skywalker thread where you can ask this question and maybe already have it answered.
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Thanks for the thread, unfortunately nothing there answers my concern about pain or discomfort during performance.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Well, you didn't even post in it asking............
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Ok, no one is answering this guys question, so I'll step up and answer it.

In short, the answer is yes, for me anyway. It was somewhat painful, but after practice it became easier. The booklet does offer a solution to this issue, and after using this suggestion, this was no longer painful at all to perform.

mrbilldentertainer - I do get your point, but rather then complain about yet another Skywalker thread, and filling it with everything but the answer to the initial question, it might be best to just answer it, and end the thread right there.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Obviously, when someone is not answering the question then he is hiding something. I've heard from numerous magicians that this item is down right AWFUL.
Andy Ace
View Profile
New user
Singapore
50 Posts

Profile of Andy Ace
Well no pain no gain I guess.

I heard that you won't want to wear the gimmick for the whole day. It is not that comfortable when you are walking aroung with the gimmick. Better have an extra pair of shoes with you.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-09-22 11:54, Andy Ace wrote:
I heard that you won't want to wear the gimmick for the whole day. It is not that comfortable when you are walking aroung with the gimmick. Better have an extra pair of shoes with you.

There's some good advice, thanks Andy.
EggMagic
View Profile
New user
Lakeland, Fl
44 Posts

Profile of EggMagic
I still haven't seen a self levitation that would be useable or doable in a real show situation. Seems like MSOT of these were created to SELL rather than DO.
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
387 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
I have it, but still don't have time to make is. let you know when I try!
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
I have the skywalker manuscript and I agree that it's a love/hate method. I haven't made the gimmick yet but plan to in the near future. in my opinion it would be painful to use and therefore isn't suited for an impromptu performance. unless you take off the gimmick right after by going to the bathroom or something.
Chris Bruce
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Chris Bruce
Quote:
On 2007-09-25 08:38, EggMagic wrote:
I still haven't seen a self levitation that would be useable or doable in a real show situation. Seems like MSOT of these were created to SELL rather than DO.

What about Icarus effect? Its meant to be performed, can be worn all day long, and doesn't hurt to boot.

cb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skywalker levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL