The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotism (what to read)? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bluesky09
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Bluesky09
I was looking to get into hypnosis stuff, but don't know what book I should read to get into the "meat" per say. I've read on the basics of hypnosis, but nothing "meaty". I understand stage hypnosis is basically 10% are actually hypnotized and the 90%+ are just acting like they are hypnotized so they don't look like ***s screwing the tricks up. I'm more interested in the person on person hypnotism though. For instance, I've seen Derren Brown make a guy drunk just by showing him a card that had a word on it (I'm guessing you would call that an anchor), him steal stuff off a guy (russian scam), and make a woman think the color red was actually black (making her think her car turned black). Anyone know where I could learn the basics behind that, with examples I could try on friends?

I have read a book by Derren Brown called "tricks of the mind", he recomended reading:

1. Hypnosis: Compliance and Belief; Graham F. Wagstaff
2. Jay Haley on Milton H. Erickson; Jay Haley
3. Hypnosis: Current, Clinical, Experimental and Forensic Practice; Michael Heap

From the descriptions he give, I believe the books are just mainly things I already know (overviews of hypnosis). The second one sounds promising though from the description.

Again, can anyone recomend any books for me to read to learn hypnosis's "meat"? Also, NLP may work into some things in the above examples that Derren Brown did. Can anyone recomend books on that as well (Mainly looking for hypnosis stuff though)?

Thanks for taking the time to help Smile.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
You might want to put this post in the "You are getting sleepy...very sleepy" forum a little further down in the main menu of the Café.

Nearly every professional will recommend that you read Ormond McGill's New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis as a starting point.

As a beginner myself, I got Stage Hypnosis Exposed with Michael Johns and Richard Nongard who is, by the way, an active member of the Café. In fact, he has a whole website devoted to his products and services at http://www.subliminalscience.com/ .

Hope the above information is helpful to you.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Or visit http://www.HypnosisGurus.com they are the same products as our subliminalscience webpage, but only the stage hypnosis products.

Richard
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotism (what to read)? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL