The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Want to Build Hathaway Rising Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
Can anyone help me with the construction of the Hathaway Rising Cards with ribbons houlette? I have only seen some basic sketches in The Linking Ring, but no specific plans or finished product seems to be available.

Joe Finkler
Vancouver, CANADA
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Check out Steinmeyer's Conjuring Anthology. He has a version in there that is just what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Richard
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
We are actually working on a Jumbo Size which should be released to the market in about 30 days.....
doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
RT Green,

My wife just gave me Jim Steinmeyer's Conjouring Anthology for my birthday. However, I think this is a collection of his articles on illusions that appeared in Magic Magazine over a decade or so. Steinmeyer does describe a rising card effect with ribbons, but this involves a regular Bicycle deck. I acutally ordered the reprint of September 1994 edition of Magic Magazine where the effect was originally described before I got Conjuouring Anthology.

Wolfgang Wollet,

I would be keen to learn the details of the effect that you are constructing. Is there any way I could make you speed up the production.

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

Joe Finkler
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Hello Joe,
it will be unlikely that we will be faster like that because I am working on other projects as well.
We will be using a Houlette made from black ABS plastic as it is more durable than wood and has no issues with paint chipping when dropped (which happens fairly frequently). The houlette looks like a black top hat with an open front thru which the Jumbo cards are visible. As in the original we are using a second compartment from which the cards rise by use of the gimmick that is imbedded in one the ribbons that are used to swing the unit.
The houlettes are done but we are having a backlog in the sewing department at present.
doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
Thanks Wolfgang.

I guess I will have to wait. Too bad you don't live in Vancouver because I know a reliable and cheap seamstress here.

Let me know when you have a finished product. I'd love to see what it looks like.

Joe Finkler
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

I love Vancouver myself.....been there a couple of times....
I would suggest that you subscribe to the newsletter at http://www.wonderwarehouse.com (home Page bottom left) as all announcements will go thru there first. This way I do not forget this thread....
Thanks
Wolfgang
Kim Silverman
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Oz. But live in CA, US
30 Posts

Profile of Kim Silverman
Dr Joe:

You might want to also look at the Hathaway Rising Card effect with Jumbo Cards that Lartin Lewis has released.

I reviewed it form my perspective in
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

I hope others also review it, to see whether my experience matches that of others.

I also look forward to seeing Wolfgang's version.

Yours in Magic
-Kim
Kim Silverman
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Oz. But live in CA, US
30 Posts

Profile of Kim Silverman
> "...that Lartin Lewis has released"

Oops, that should be "Martin", not "Lartin".

Too late at night. Smile
doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
107 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
Kim,

Thanks again for your replies to my messages.

What I am hoping to add to Martin Lewis' device is a revolving card. In his routine the king rises out of the deck backwards and at the half-way point it spins around 180 degrees. I suspect this involves some rubberized hinge in a gimmicked card, but I don't know how to make it.

Joe Finkler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Want to Build Hathaway Rising Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL