The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Oberon's Odd ball - alternative balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
There has been a lot of discussion regarding the balls that come with Marc Oberons effect - Odd ball. I personally feel this is a brilliant effect/routine and plays very well. I know there are a lot of people who feel the same way but are a little disapointed with the props that came with effect. For those who have it will know how you could use alternative props (balls) to achieve the same effect. Some people have had the idea of using table tennis balls and adapting them accordinaly, others have surgested painting the original balls. Ali Bongo used plastic practise golf balls and again adapted them accordinaly.
I know little snipits have been mentioned on other posts but wanted to start this thread purely for alternatives for the original balls we were provided with.

Any ideas???
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Here in the US you can pick up Superballs. They are about 1 1/4" and come in packages of three in many convenience stores. I picked up a bunch when I got Aldo's video on the cone and ball effect.

BUT to be honest, I would not waste my rubber balls on this routine. I've purchased 2 products by Marc and both are in my opinion inferior in production and routining, and are over-priced. This, being the second.

Tony Iacoviello
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I am using wood and steel ball which has the same diameter. It's work better than the original balls.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
What about the props do people not like?
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
I was really shocked when I saw the manual for oddball, it never credited maven or ali bongo. bit cheeky
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Marc Oberon is a genius !
he sells old system and everybody get them ¨!
37 so close from Mark Striving in desert brainstorm.
digital deception, not very news...
Oddball...
I don't know the others products.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
smith
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of smith
I looked at clairs an accessorie shop for girls (costume jewllery, head bands etc)
and bought a necklass which matched some marbals I had... enought said not to tip the method.....
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
I was disappointed with the quality and deceptiveness of this product, and as such, it's transparency led me to disgard it before employing it.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
What is the quality problem? The oddballs work fine for me.
Frank
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Since you ask, they look like crap, like coated marbles.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
They do look terrible and I feel more time could have gone into this to try and improve the quaility of the balls. that's not a magician being fussy, but at this moment I would not feel comfortable in performing this with the props included. I am currently having a new bag made for me but still working on an alternative for the balls???
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Who is looking at these balls? What would be the difference if these balls where made of gold and silver? Why would coated marbles be aweful?
Frank
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Hey guys you buy cheap you get what you pay for ,the effect is ok,did you expect gold plated ones ,you certainly didn't pay for such. Anyhoo more to the point you'll see my version in print shortly via a booklet of some type ( e-book /donload or disc format ) coming to you thru Magic box verrry soon. Hey ,everyone else is at it why not push it a bit.
E.O.I
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

No, but I did expect something original and with some quality. What I received was neither. $30 may not seem like much to some, but compare it with what others offer for that price...

Tony Iacoviello
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
I agree. Interesting concept, tacky product.

Hennessey
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
Vinzent
View Profile
New user
París, France
98 Posts

Profile of Vinzent
Hi, I'm Italian and I'm trying to find some better balls to perform Oddball. Can anyone tell me what can I buy? I try to find Tony's Superballs over the Internet, but nothing. Someone spoke about ping-pong (table tennis) balls. What about the fourth ball? PM me if you think too much exposure here...
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
I don't own the effect v-alfano so don't know if the fourth ball has to be different but you can get differnt coloured ping pong balls
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Oberon's Odd ball - alternative balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL