The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » You Tube ...good or bad? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
I was reading another post about rip offs. This got me thinking about rip offs in general. Specifically about you tube and the Internet.

Some pros.... Its nice to be able to see routines and performers you've never seen or heard of.

Some cons... clearly it makes it easier to steal routines, lines, bits of business, even props and designs.

What do you think about this?

Scott
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I agree that it can make it easier for them to steal. But the bottom line is that if these people want to rip off illusions, they'll do it with out within the luxury or You Tube, or any other similar vehicle. They have been doing it long before it's existence...
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Yes - like the foul-play-rip-off thread pointed out, it makes it easier to steal. But videos/Internet/youtube makes it also easier to get an illusion known around the world and through that get it sold more often.

One hope would be, that one day there will be a lawyer and illusionist, who specializes in supporting builders/inventors and earns his money by hunting rip-offs. He would have enough work...
I guess to get that gap in the market bridged seams to be an illusion, like to wait for people getting totally honest.

Without the videos, they maybe would need to go to some Las Vegas-shows or other shows, watch some new illusions to rip them off afterwards (and I guess they would do it).
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Guy Hollingworth is a lawyer and a magician. Jim should hire him. Smile
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Gooooood....

Ripoffs have existed without youtube, and always will. I like Youtube for the very fact that they have exposed Criss Angel and his tv tricks to perfection.

I also am biased as Im in mentalism, and its the illusionists taking the brunt of the hit! don't see much in mentalism getting burned on there. I think that shows how hard it is to replicate mentalism.
Jethro Magic
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Jethro Magic
I totally agree with you guys. not only other performers will get ripped off by stealing their routines,but also exposing the secrets of magic online.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Rip offs was , are and will be!
Nobody can't change it. It's natural.
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » You Tube ...good or bad? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL