The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Harry Blackstone, Sr. clip performing The Afghan Bands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
I've been waiting years to see live footage of Harry Blackstone, Sr. for years, and really appreciated the hard work Andrew Martin put into presenting and sharing the footage he has. While looking at that film, I also found another on Youtube. This one has Harry Blackstone, Sr. performing "The Afghan Bands"; it seems to be from a documentary called "Heroes of Magic" and also features Ali Bongo and others. But the Blackstone part is after a brief intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__QN5XTTv8
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
The full routine can be found on Blackstone Remembered. This was put out as a VHS tape, I believe a few places still have copies. Steven's magic was closing them out a while back may still have a few copies. That video has Uncle Harry doing quite a few of his routines and Illusions
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Oooh - I've heard of that, and I'll have to locate a copy. I've just been inspired to do the Bands after both seeing that and reading the Greater Magic handling (now there's a treasure of a book!). I've been aware of the Bands and the general Moebius stuff since I was a kid, but seeing the Santa Claus routine drove home how fun this could play.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks for sharing...
mikefallen
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of mikefallen
Is it possible to get a copy of it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Harry Blackstone, Sr. clip performing The Afghan Bands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL