The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2007 entrée: Daryl » » A special request for your future videos with an audience » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of TheGreatGalling
Hi Daryl,

First, I have to thank you so much for doing this; it is a true honor. One of my first three magic videos of all time was volume one of the Encyclopedia of Card Sleights series and you helped spark an interest in me that has been going strong for a decade!

Just to explain how much of a fan I am, since seriously walking into a magic store for the first time ten years ago, I have since purchased every Sleights tape/DVD, all your Fooler Doolers dvds, all of your Card Revelations dvds, and your ACR dvd! I am now so poor I can't afford to pay attention! Smile

The one thing I always hoped I could ask L & L Publishing, and hopefully you can help me spread the word, is that on almost every dvd, the performance ends, the explanation section begins, and the dvd ends. I think we are deprived of a crucial step that would help every one of us: a section where the audience is interviewed after the performance.

I think it was Eugene Burger who said 90% of magic happens after the effect is over. I think the true magic is when the audience leaves a show and their minds begin creating their version of what took place. I think it is crucial to know how they viewed the performance and I would love an honest representation of what they digested and remembered.

I will ALWAYS purchase L & L (and especially your) merchandise, but I think merely showing a few minutes of what the audience remembered most, which effect they liked best, etc. could help us sculpt the strongest act and be sensative to how an audience will interpret our magic.

Sincerely,
Joe Gallina
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
Joe

If you want to see what that is like you can watch the Tommy Wonder videos, Visions of Wonder.

I agree that getting a little more of the audience perspective is helpful.
The real magic is family!
TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Thanks I will check it out. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for my favorites to do the same! (Mr. Osterlind I hope you are reading)
TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Hey Daryl, I hope you see this message!
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Paul Harris also did this on one of his old tapes. Was really interesting to watch.
Daryl Easton
View Profile
1955 - 2017
174 Posts

Profile of Daryl Easton
Yes, I remember seeing this done on the Tommy Wonder videos and I thought it was a great idea. Thank you... I'll keep this in mind.
Daryl - The Magician's Magician

www.Daryl.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2007 entrée: Daryl » » A special request for your future videos with an audience » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL