The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Instinct" by Matthew Mello Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
gnosis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of gnosis
But that's not really going to help if the spectator leaves the spike where it is and simply puts another dangerous object under one or more of the empty cups.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Yes, IT does help!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
jaybest
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of jaybest
A really simple way to stop anyone from moving the object to another cup or them putting other items under the cups is to place lids on the cups... that's what I used to do.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
But it seems that IF the spectator moves the spike, then you can't finish the presentation. In that respect "Spiked" is good, because you ENCOURAGE the spec to do just this. And because of that presentation, my suspicion is that spec's who have seen "Spiked" may think it's OK to do that with "Instinct"?
As always, it's horses for courses. There are many Russian Roulette routines now available, and this one certainly seems intriguing. I like the impromptu factor - but also, I know of a nice mathematical method which works well. This version is usually done with a $20 bill or similar - and the magi always knows where the bill is.
gnosis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of gnosis
Quote:
On 2010-07-12 12:03, jaybest wrote:
A really simple way to stop anyone from moving the object to another cup or them putting other items under the cups is to place lids on the cups... that's what I used to do.

That's a great idea! The lids could even be glued on, for extra safety.
Magikevin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Magikevin
I don't know about you guys but I was pretty dissapointed when I saw the method. For such a high price. I mean my little nephew could have come up with this idea. Really, Banachek said he liked this.

I know if I even try to perform this in front of my uncles they will figure it out in a minutes time. I like mello's 'technique' effect released by papercrane but this, come on we can do better than this! Sorry Bro, I'm a fellow pork chop too but this is a bit disspointing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Instinct" by Matthew Mello Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL