The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Crimp Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
I just wanted to say that after about a week of practice, I have this move down and it feels great. And it's also giving me so many ideas.

As a noob, I've been pretty much just following instructions and trying to copy, but this is the first thing that's inspired me to just try new things and see what happens.

Lots of fun, and I'm sure it's added some general dexterity to my hand.
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
UK, England (but Scottish by birth)
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
Hi Mitch,

You got that right - the move is very creative, and I've developed a couple of nice exchanges (Dragon Coin Penetration and Finger Tip Productions) just by playing with it.

MB is also working on some routines that integrate his "crimp change".

Best $10 I ever spent.

By the way, you can reach a point where the coins almost stay suspended and your fingers move around them - not that weird - but all to do with the "shake" move that MB demonstrates in the video.

Regards,

Kyf
"I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension." Steve Wright
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
I should be getting my Chinese coin in the mail today. I've just been using a brass-colored Costa Rican coin...

...which is magnetic, by the way. Hmmmmmmm, where's my ring...? Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Appreciate these comments, Mitch and Kyf. Never thought I could affect the craft and people like this. Glad folks are finding real value in the Crimp Change. Thank you all. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I've just joined the ranks of Crimp and Blow Change and, as I've told MB in private, it's VERY COOL!
Mick
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, Mick, how's things coming with the Crimp Change for ya? All the other applications for it are waiting for you, once you get it down. Smile Let me know if I can assist in any way, my friend. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Marion,
Getting her down, The thumb has healed so I'm back in business and it's just about the practice which I do a lot when I'm driving so I'd say it gets a minimum of 30 mins. and more like an hour almost daily!
As for the BC........ KILLER! Out of the blue my wife will look over at me and just wiggle her fingers and blow on em with that little smirk! I can do the BC for her over and over and she's like a kid on Christmas morn! Currently her 2 faves are BC and Steve's C/S Transpo although she also LOVES Tim's vers. of Coins to Glass with his kicker!
I'm suppose to hook up with our brother from Manila next week and I'm hoping the Vin man will be around so some Crimpage should be happening!
Mick
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
I've got to get on that BC. I haven't been practicing it. I'm too addicted to doing the crimp over and over.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Mitch, how's it going guy...How's that Crimp Change/Blow Change coming along. Just checking on you here. Smile And Mick, now that you got your fingers back working properly, here's yet another thing you and Mitch can do with the power of the Crimp Change Download...Smile Enjoy! -Mb

http://magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=10714

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET MB, I likes ALOT!!!! Thanks brother!
Mick
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Very nice... looks impossible [even when you know how!]
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Hey MB that "Crimp Cop/Silv/Brass" looked excellent! I haven't seen that one till now and it is a great idea and your transpositions were very smooth. Keep up the good work, I love them all.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Aaaaah, Marion, you're bluffing us again and and again! How do you do this one ?? I'm in love with the crimp for a while now, but this CSB is amazing!
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Aaaaah, Marion, you're bluffing us again and and again! How do you do this one ?? I'm in love with the crimp for a while now, but this CSB is amazing!
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Cool thanks for sharing..

I am working on a quarter, penny, dime bit...(U.S.A. coins)

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
Quote:
On 2007-10-17 14:12, Mb217 wrote:
Mitch, how's it going guy...How's that Crimp Change/Blow Change coming along.

Crimp...good. Blow...bad. I need a lot of work on the timing, and there's unwanted talking. But the crimp is great. I incorporated it into a 6 coin production that I think will be pretty cool once it's perfected.
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
Hey Marion

That looks like magic. Very cool. I have a bunch of Gaff coin sets that I never use like C/S/B but this makes more sense to me than the usual routine.

Excellent.
The real magic is family!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Funny mb we must have the same mind as I recently started doing my spell bound routine with the gaff and the chiniese coin.
dancingm0nk3y
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of dancingm0nk3y
Very Cool.
-- Clay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Crimp Change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL