The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Problem With a Silk Streamer Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
The last few times I have produced my 12" x 65' silk streamer from my silk fountain, I have noticed a problem with the streamer just dropping out after the fountain unfolds. This makes me have to pick the streamer off the floor and then produce it. I try to pinch the streamer through the fountain, but this is not a consistant fix. I have thought about making a silk pocket to velcro into to the fountain to fix the problem.

Have you had the same problem? Any auggested solutions? I'm open to any suggestions.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
One way would be to use a dove pouch fountain loaded with the streamer -- and as you see then of the fountan unfold only have part of the streamer rop out as a fountain part == Then pull it out ala any other streamer production. One of my favorites for streamers was to grab a sword and swirl it out....another would be to use an assistant to pull and gather to hide an offside production.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Do not use velcro. It will snag the silk. You can make a pocket with dress makers snaps.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Thanks Richard, I didn't think about the velcro.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hey Darkwing,

We use a silk fountain to dove gimmick and load the streamer instead of the dove. Our streamer is 12" x ? (50' I think). We fold it lengthways and accordion pleat it poking one end a few inches out to grab once the fountain fully opens. We fold the fountain first and then load the streamer so everything's a neat package for travelling.

(I actually hope to have a posting of the routine it is in up on YouTube in the next week or two. We are going to put up 4 or 5 family routines soon so prospective clients can view our work. Often we get inquiries about "What do you do?" Our promo video is a compilation of many different acts, so now we hope to be able to give links to audience specific routines.)

All the best,

Rob
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Rob,

Where did you get your dove gimmick?

David
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hi David,

I hope this doesn't seem like I entered the thread looking for a plug (I didn't, really!), but my wife Pat makes them and sells them through her website:

http://www.chameleonfabrications.com

Rob
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Exactly how do you "produce" such a huge streamer from a silk fountain? Do you have assistants grab the ends and pull it out, or do you do something different? It seems like when the last silk opens, the streamer would tumble out in a big wad. I'm sure I'm missing something.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
The streamer is pulled out at whatever pace you choose. Because of the design of the silk fountain I am talking about, it cannot fall out. It is held quite securely in its own "dispenser" that is securely fastened to the silk fountain.

All the best,

Rob

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 4:26pm
Here is the video link to the routine with the silk fountain to streamer that I mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbfNiyJu_0Q

This is a brand new silk routine for us (only the second time we had performed it)and it is still a work in progress.

All the best,

Rob
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
David,

Sometimes you can insert a box of playing cards about 12' down into the folds of the streamer and it will give enough resistance to let the streamer feed out evenly in the beginning. Once well started, there is seldom the some problem. In bag tricks, you will often find that I load in a deck of cards that I never use but it helps keep the load flowing and the bag hanging open better.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Problem With a Silk Streamer Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL