The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » One handed coin transformation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
The video is a little rough and I just worked out the mechanics last week, but I can give the coin to the audience to examine before and after, and that's what I like about this idea. Let me know what you think.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sSEw4n-2Rh0
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Can the arm flailing be minimized? Sure, it disguises the move....but also detracts from the magic....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
I like the Crimp Change, but I'm trying for a single handed change, with the other hand nowhere in the picture. As for the arm flailing, I agree that it's too much, but that will definitely be minimized as I practice and perfect the move. I'll whittle it down to just a shake or two.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
The "Crimp Change" IS a single handed change.
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
How 'bout shaking it horizontally instead of vertically?
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
You also have the One-Handed Switch from Bobo's and the aforementioned Demanche Change.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Deutsch, Harris Deutsch...Shaken, not stirred.

I love changes.

Thanks for sharing.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
I recently discovered two more One-Handed Changes in Hoffman's More Magic.

Sol Stone has a triple-Spellbound change with one hand, and then you have Roth's One-handed Spellbound Change on his Expert Coin Magic...Made Easy, Vol 2 or 3.

So that's 6 one-handed changes. I would be interested in your mechanics, because that is the only thing that could vary. And those six involve almost all of the known concealments, so...

I'll PM you.
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Yeah, that shake right now is almost too much. You'll get it smoother with practice.

I have 5 or 6 original one handed changes unpublished, some of them a bit difficult to learn but fun to do and practice.

Peace.

mano.
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
Dncmagic,

You definitely need to check out the Crimp Change. The coin just morphs into another. Larry Barnowsky's new book has a one hand change using a completely different technique. It's in the last chapter of the book and is also performed and taught on the DVD. Both changes are very magical looking.

David
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Mano, Mi Hermano..... I remember you showing that knuckle buster to me in our later sessions. That was quite a workout.....very magical, too.

I also recommend the Crimp Change, as this is what I have been using almost exclusively for sometime now.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
The variations of the One-Handed Switch are endless, and I'm not sure if credit would be transferred to the new sleight. I mean, is it that big of an innovation to go from DP with one to LFP with the other, or DP one, LDP the other? Or any combination of concealments.... It's endless and a lot of times looks the same to the audience.

It's all variations on the same principal. You have one coin concealed, wave your hand (or some natural motion) and move the displayed coin to one concealment while bringing the other out. It's great to mess around with and show your friends, but historically, does it have any significance?

I've made it more black and white than it really is, but wanted to get a discussion about it going.

Interested in all opinions. Thanks.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Also, might want to check out Kainoa's Coins On Edge book for JT's EG2EG and Kainoa's version of JT's move.

joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-10-05 16:20, Mano wrote:
I have 5 or 6 original one handed changes unpublished, some of them a bit difficult to learn but fun to do and practice.

mano.

I think you should share these with us. lol
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mano's techniques will be on his up and coming DVD, "Mano's Way".
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
sdorshan
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sdorshan
Is that Metamorphosis from Bobo's? If so, you're flailing your arm WAY too much. It is a rise/fall action.
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
I'm not sure if it is Metamorphosis or not. If it is, then it's just coincidence. I decided that this move works better under some kind of cover, so instead, I grab a purse frame out of my pocket, and as I "drop" the half dollar into the invisible purse, I pull out an English penny. Besides, after seeing the Crimp Change, there's no way to make a one handed change look better than that. And I recommend the Crimp to everyone. It only took me two days to master it, but I practiced obssesively and now it is one of the most powerful weapons in my magic arsenal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » One handed coin transformation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL