The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Smoke Gets in My Eyes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rock_Slatestone
View Profile
Regular user
Been Here A While But My Post Count Is
120 Posts

Profile of Rock_Slatestone
Hello Everyone,

I hope you are doing well. In August I performed my first kids magic show after a short break of about 20 years.

It went well though not as I planned or hoped. This was a family reunion and only 4 kids were present instead of the expected 20+ kids. I performed for the children and the adults. They looked like they were having fun so I say it was a success.

My big issue and question to all of you is in regards to smoking. I myself do not smoke cigarettes but one of the adults was within 10 feet of my and smoking like a smoke stack. I found myself hacking and coughing whenever I enhaled her second hand smoke.

I am thinking about adding a "smoke free zone" policy in my contracts. Would this be a good idea? If it is a good idea how would you word it?

Thanks ahead of time for sharing any of your thoughts.

Steven
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would not go thru the trouble of making a sign. I would just mention it to everyone at the begining.
Rock_Slatestone
View Profile
Regular user
Been Here A While But My Post Count Is
120 Posts

Profile of Rock_Slatestone
No, I wouldn't make a sign saying "no smoking". What I am wondering is should I put it in the contract I use when booking a show. This would put the responsiblity on host of the show.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Steven
30 years ago regular people smoked cigarettes, but only the hard core most militant smokers are left who blow smoke in your face just for fun. Did you ever notice that people smoking cigars on the street all have that same smerk on their face? A sign won't work, my advise to you is don't let them take you out of your game. I gave up tobacco 35 years ago, and I hate tobacco with a passion, but I refuse to let anyone, or anything take my head out of my game. Why that death drug from the gutter is still legal is a mystery to me.
Welcome back
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Smoke Gets in My Eyes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL