The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Cowboys & native Americans (oil & water) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I am looking for pictures of cowboys and native Americans. I'd like to make an oil & water routine with these picture cards. Does anyone knows a website with pictures of these people?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Look for the works of Remington (here is one link)
http://www.artunframed.com/remington1.htm

You can also look at the artwork on the covers of the Louis L'Amore books. There is a calander with this artwork here: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksea......&z=y
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Tony you are a great help, thanks
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Ahem! Let's not be sexist. That should be "Cowpersons" and Native Americans.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I've mentioned this elsewhere, so I'll give it a shot here as well.

Oil and water performed for kids using cards from the game Go Fish. Environmental theme. Water and Oil spills. all too common a threat these days. More relevant than pick a card and I will proceed to find it.

Kotah
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
When using the net to find images, simply use the google search, and select image form the options at the lines just above your search line. Easily overlooked by folks just surfing.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Senator Crandall used to do similar routine but Indians and (political correctness forbids further explanation).
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
If you're going to perform this for women get the pictures from romance novel covers

;)
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Interesting idea that came to me using cowPERSONS and NATIVE AMERICANS Smile was how about using this as a football presentaion(i.e. Cowboys and Redskins)
Magic is a vanishing art.
jtb
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of jtb
A website with a lot of photos is nativeamericans.com.

Probably the best site for any kind of photos is corbis. This is a stock photography company that apparently has over 100 million photos on its web site and a good search engine. Some the photos have a watermark that can only be removed by purchasing the photo but it is a good resource.

John B.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I believe the preferred nomenclature is "American Indian."
At least, that's what my friends in the Spokane tribe tend to prefer.
They say they hate the term "Native American" because it is a phrase that whites invented to allay guilt.
Sherman Alexie (The American Indian Poet) says "We earned the word Indian, don't think you can take that away from us too!"

Quote:
On 2007-10-07 03:56, ROBERT BLAKE wrote:
I am looking for pictures of cowboys and native Americans. I'd like to make an oil & water routine with these picture cards. Does anyone knows a website with pictures of these people?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1058 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
The Indians I know don't mind 'Indian', most prefer that you use their tribal name.. Navaho, Dakota etc.., but they don't take offense at Indian. Cowboys and cowgirls prefer the gender specific cowboy or cowgirl. But after they see your rope spinning Robert, they'd let you call 'em whatever you want because they'd be clapping and wouldn't hear anyway.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Labels are stupid anyway. We should all be offended by them. You can't sum a unique person up with any one term.
"That's just a tree, that's just a rock, that's just a white guy."
It's ridiculous to think that it's so easy to define someone.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Cowboys & native Americans (oil & water) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL