The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Using YouTube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
I am not sure if this has been addressed, but if any of you are wanting your videos to be viewed by members of the education market, then you really need to consider the comments about avoiding youtube or any service which is listed as video. Most schools block any video related website or in some cases even websites which have links to a video hosting website. If you can set up quick time, or whatever player you wish, in your website, you are much more likely to be seen by educational prospects.

Note, the video is not blocked, the whole website is. So if your site is listed as one of these then when your client goes to your site it will be on the ban list, and that alone may cause doubt for potential clients.
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
That's true Habu. We don't link YouTube to our web site. We only send potential clients there who have asked to see a sample of an entire routine.

We send the clients to see our videos specifically. Whatever else they choose to look at while on YouTube is entirely up to them.

On our web site, we have a professional promo video that is accessible even to schools.

All the best,

Rob
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
New note on youtube-
I just found out you can disable the "Related Videos" function in youtube.
So, now the point it moot.
You can embed youtube on your site and keep it from redirecting viewers to other performers, and your video can show up as a "related" video so that it draws traffic from the videos of others.
I don't really see the downside.
I suppose that if someone sees my video directly on youtube, they could be redirected away, but on my site, it just gives them a replay option.
Gwyd
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Whoo Hoo!
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good reading fo sho.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
Great thread
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Very interesting reading. Thanks for all the input!

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Using YouTube (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL