The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Sawing a teddy bear in half (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Rehearsing with my Harbin sawing this evening, for the hell of it I decided to film this little routine to see how it looks. My assistant here is Mystic Ted, who joined my entourage a while back to be our resident psychic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR6HtmgyS_g
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
Um......... You scare me, just a little.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I loved it.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
...wanna have lunch?
joshua the magician
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of joshua the magician
When you did the cpr thing, the legs moved as well, so just a bit of advice to watch that, because it makes it look like one. maybe if you pinned them down or didn't do it so hard that wouldnt happen
magicly,
joshua
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Thanks for the feedback - I quite like the comedy aspect of the legs flailing up and down as I give Ted CPR, but you're right in that it does go against the idea of him being sawn in two at that point. I'll give it some thought, maybe try it both ways.

I don't know if this is something I'll ever do live (doing the sawing with a human under the blade is just too much of a crowd pleaser), but it is fun having the video out there as a quirky piece to stand out from the crowd.

Justin - aw, bless - how could I say no to eyes like those? Smile
PirateJohn
View Profile
Regular user
Anaheim, CA
156 Posts

Profile of PirateJohn
I'll give it major points for originality. I don't see why it isn't something you could do live. You could really play up the comedy if you had an audience there.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I got a kick out of it. I thought it was great cinema. Corny, cheezy and LOTS of fun. The silent film look made it play well. Kudos!

Best,

Tim
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
I have to admit... I actually laughed out loud when you started doing CPR on the teddy bear... Hilarious! Funny, Classy, and slightly disturbing... I love it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Sawing a teddy bear in half (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL