The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Berglas's Devano Rising cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
335 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Hi Guys.

Genii made an interview with Berglas a few months ago and he said one of his pet tricks was the devano rising card.

What is special with it is that you can push the card one way and it will rise from the other.(what x the idea of a rubber band which is one of the solutions)

Do you know who sell those today or something alike?

Thanks
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I'm not sure anyone sells the 'original' Devano Rising Cards anymore. It was a favorite of one of the founders of my local magic club when I was a boy and it can be found fully described in "The Art Of Close Up Magic Vol. 2" by Lewis Ganson.

Martini's Rising Cards are similar but improved (the gaff is smaller) and was actually put on the market WITH Devano's blessing. Marty posts on the Café.

Paul.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
George Richbark sells a Devano deck with the metal pins instead of the sticky stuff.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
335 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Hi misterbill

Can you send me a link to his Devano deck?

thanks.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
http://www.richbark.com/m_closeup.html

The deck is US$37.50 + US$6.00 for foreign shipping. This is as close to an original Devano deck as you can get. You could get a Rising card deck from Empire for US$19.00 or you can get this deck that will last a lifetime. It's like the difference between getting a set of cups for $50.00 and set of RNTII cups hand-made by Jake for $375.00.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote;
"you can get this deck that will last a lifetime"

No deck lasts a lifetime once you start using it on a regular basis.. :0

Paul.
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
I have been using Marty's Devano deck for over two years. I use it at least weekly, often more than once a wekk. The sticky stuff still sticks perfectly. It's the best.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Quote:
On 2007-10-21 11:22, Paul wrote:
No deck lasts a lifetime once you start using it on a regular basis.. :0

I wouldn't dream of arguing this point with you about a normal working deck. You will certainly wear it out very quickly, especially if you are big on flourishes. But a Devano Rising Card deck? It shouldn't ever be put though that kind of abuse.

You get people to pick cards and return them to the deck and in your routine the cards rise one at a time and then you put the deck away. Even a professional should be able to make the deck last a good long time even if used daily. An amateur on the other hand should very well be able use the deck forever. I know a certain professional who has had and used his Richbark Devano deck for years.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Check with Denny of Denny & Lee. He used the same deck for years in Vietnam. I bought mine from him.-Bill
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Quote:
On 2007-10-21 15:51, Gary Dayton wrote:
I have been using Marty's Devano deck for over two years. I use it at least weekly, often more than once a wekk. The sticky stuff still sticks perfectly. It's the best.

I just bought two more of his rising decks for the rising card routine I do...I've written elsewhere that his are the best and only $20...not to mention, he has a life-time guarantee on the decks to repair or replace them.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Berglas's Devano Rising cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL