The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » JC Sum's Impossible Teleportation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EggMan
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of EggMan
Hey,

Did any of you guys know about this illusion?

I read about it previosuly but never saw the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKET98KJ8gI

I thought it was interesting but I think it is a one-time thing.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I don't know who did it first, JC or Cyril, but I think Cyril's illusion appearing on top of a platform was much better.
AnthonyMaze
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, Ca
260 Posts

Profile of AnthonyMaze
I didn't like Cyril's version really. I didn't even really know him too much when I first watched it, but I KNEW it was a t**n, nothing like him really. But the cloth or sheet shooting up to the platform was a cool way to 'follow' the teleportation.

I really like JC's looks good to me!

Two thumbs up for BOTH performers!
...for the 51st time... that is NOT my card...
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
Hmm. I'd have to say I prefer Cyril's version as well. The camera blocking on this wasn't great, and no proof was ever shown that the second team was on a rooftop. Could have just been video playback... a continuous camera crane show from the ground to the rooftop would have been better. Still, a cool idea!

--Jack SmileepsiL
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
A crane up to 50 stories... is that possible?!?!
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Certainly it is, but it aint simple nor cheap. They could park an Akela crane on a construction elevator, have the remote head gyro-stabilized and drive up. Or set-up a spidercam unit, on which a gyro-stabilized camera is flown on wires.
Sent from my Typewriter
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I have to give props to JC for the effort. I am certain that this stunt resulted in even more positive press for him.

Chris
voodoo
View Profile
Regular user
Indonesia
163 Posts

Profile of voodoo
It's nice teleportation though.
"When Illusions Become Reality"
www.demianaditya.com
Nick_Beamz
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Nick_Beamz
Simple, yet effective.. like the best magic usually is Smile . . , just look at Laymans reactions.. to me.. it was a big hit! Congratz JC..
magic station
View Profile
New user
indonesia
1 Post

Profile of magic station
I think Cyril teleportation is better than JC, because Cyril doing live, front of the audiance, meanwhile JC using big TV screen to show his appearance on the building roof. Right,By The Way JC Show is so cool ...
dont trust the first sight.
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Yup - I prefer Cyril's version, but this was still pretty good. I'm not a fan of such dark lighting (terrible choice of words, but you know what I mean!).

Also, a faster "journey" would have been nice...a bit to much hanging around for my taste.
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
EggMan
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of EggMan
Just saw that the teleportation is featured in this month's Nov issue of MAGIC magazine...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » JC Sum's Impossible Teleportation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL