The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » My show today (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
So we are currently doing shows at the USS Nightmare in Newport, KY. We are doing a carnival style tent show (grind show) with a Halloween twist. And today about 4 shows into the night, I made a kid pee his pants doing blockhead. I really felt bad for the kid, but I wasn't quite sure what to do, so on the show went acting like it never happened.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
GREAT!!!!!

Don't feel bad, feel proud.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Regular user
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now....
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
In 2004 I was working a haunt where we kept count of how many "wet ones" we had going out the gate each night. It's one way you can tell you're doing a good job.

Keep driving that point home...

well done,

Steve
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
[email]steve@gemeny.com[/email]
www.gemeanii.com
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Good for you...at least he can say that he got his money's worth. I have had a girl actually pass out during a blockhead routine and another vomit. But, the best was when I was opening for a band Good Charlotte and out of a crowd of about 8000 I had about 30 or 40 people in the front of the stage pass out during my pin cushion act, it is the best compliment you can ever be given as a worker.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
A friend was at Mac Kings show in Vegas.

Apparently a kid helper he had peed his pants on stage. Mac promptly rewarded the kid a T-shirt, sort of tying it around his waist, and much of the audience was non-the-wiser. I thought that was very cool!

Keith
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
5 years ago I was doing the Philly Fringe Festival. I do my usual intro, putting jewelry in, making campy jokes, etc. As soon as I pulled out my props and dropped them on the stage floor with a loud thud and ENTIRE table of about 6 or 7 people simply got up and walked out. Bennie complimented me on being able to puul off such a "walking ovation".
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
I was doing my Feejee Mermaid Show at a fair in 2004 when a teenage walked out of the tent, bent over, and threw up. I consider that a flowing ovation. My show is the best!

Yours,

Paul
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
I had an ambulance collect an OAP after my bullet catch at a Lyons charity performance 3 years ago ( apparently she held her breath for far too long ), I wasnt particularly proud of that accolade.
Mark
E.O.I
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now....
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Mark, you should be proud, you had her complete attention!
Must have been a riveting performance!
Steve
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
[email]steve@gemeny.com[/email]
www.gemeanii.com
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Only glad she didn't swallow her teeth .....
E.O.I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » My show today (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL