The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Need some ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
I have been talking with a friend of mine about going out on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) to witness to people. We figure that if they're going to wait in line, we may as well take the opportunity to tell them about Jesus. Besides, if they really want that TV at 35% off, they won't leave their spot...lol

I was thinking about getting something visual that I could use to engage people. I may not buy anything new yet, I don't know. If I do, what would you suggest? It doesn't have to be a gospel specific trick. I've adapted Sinful, Stigmata, and Torn to be used to share the gospel. I've got mostly card stuff though.

All ideas are greatly appreciated!

Mike
At Ease Tees - Christian apparel and other items!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Mike, Fortune Telling Fish are a great ice breaker as well as the Devil's Hook.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
Thanks Steve!

I'll check into those. I was looking into something like Digital Dissolve from Theory 11 and found myself in the middle of a whole discussion on ethics in magic...lol I'm looking at Steve Dusheck's site now and hoping to get some info on it all....

Thanks again!

Mike
Ken Sibley
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Ken Sibley
I've used a red silk and TT showing the Death, Burial & Resurrection of Jesus. It's been very effective.
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand!
Tony Brent
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando, Florida
156 Posts

Profile of Tony Brent
What about some tricks with money since it's a big shopping day? Talk about the percentage off sale, etc. It could break the ice and open the door for the Gospel.

Tony Brent
Outta Control Magic Show
Orlando
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Go to http://www.livingwaters.com
Look for their Curved Illusion tract. Check out their Million Dollar bills and also The 10 Commandment coin.

You can see these items being used in actual witnessing events on Ray Comfort's site http://www.wayofthemaster.com

Ray has excellent tracts and things you can use to break the ice with people. Ray's website and ministry is dedicated to teaching you how to break the ice with strangers and how to effectively witness. Excellent information there!
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
Joe - I've actually got the first and second seasons of WotM. I have used their million dollar bills and their curved illusions among other things....

Tony - That's why I was looking at digital dissolve. It's a pretty cool illusion, but there is a huge controversy about it's origin. So, I've been checking with the original creator and I'm planning on getting everything from him.

Thanks for all the help!

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Need some ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL