The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: A Real Sweet Trick by Bob Solari (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Here's my review for "A Real Sweet Trick" by Bob Solari.
First, the effect from the website...

=====

A Real Sweet Trick
by Bob Solari © 2007

Performer places a stack of five half dollars on the table. A 35 mm film canister is placed over the halves. The canister is lifted and magically the halves have turned into a stack of nickels! The canister is now placed mouth down on the table. A magical gesture is made over the canister. The canister is lifted by the spectator. Under the canister is a chocolate Hershey's Kiss! Specially constructed apparatus does most of the work for you! No sleight of hand, learn in minutes, complete with beautifully machined coins, cleverly gimmicked film canister and a very special "Hershey's Kiss", easy step by step instructions. LIMITED SUPPLY

=====

The effect plays out exactly as described...the gimmicks perfectly achieve the double miracle of five half dollars changing into five nickels (which you will have to provide) and the kicker production of the Hershey's kiss. The gimmicks are also VERY well made and robust. Bob's products have always been cleverly constructed but this one seems to take it up a notch because of how well the half dollar coins are machined...incredible craftsmanship.

The trick itself is easy to do - only a little bit of practice is needed to get the basics down. Very visual with a nice hook leading into the trick...asking the spectator: "Would you like to see a REAL SWEET TRICK?" Of course, it will all make sense to them when they see the Hershey's kiss. Smile

A bonus for me also is that I've already thought of some other uses for the gimmicks provided! So I can not only perform A Real Sweet Trick but I can use the included props in other routines as well. I'm glad I got this one.

I received the 35mm film canister, the half dollar coins, the Hersey's Kiss,
the "special gimmicking" on each to make it all work, along with detailed instructions and tips. A clever piece of magic and everything precisely made!

You can get "A Real Sweet Trick" at http://www.bobsolarimagic.com for $35
http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/16-50.htm#arealsweettrick
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Great review. Is it true that the spectator can lift the canister? If so, is there any danger of them finding out the secret.
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 20:59, emyers99 wrote:
Great review. Is it true that the spectator can lift the canister? If so, is there any danger of them finding out the secret.

The spectator cannot lift the canister when the half dollars change into nickels, but he/she can when the Hershey's kiss is shown...which is a nice way to reveal it actually! At the end of the routine, things are "pretty clean".
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: A Real Sweet Trick by Bob Solari (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL