The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel Lie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The One
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of The One
From May 2006 interview on Penn's Radio show:

Quote:
Criss: (Unlike David Blaine) I don't wanna be known for who I date...

From October 2007 interview on Larry King Live:

Quote:
KING: On a personal note, you were linked with Britney Spears this summer. Was that a...

ANGEL: I was linked with a lot of people this summer.

(LAUGHTER)

KING: How about her?

ANGEL: Well, I was working with Britney on the MTV Awards where she was going to perform. And I was asked by my manager, Dave Baram, who was also managing her career with Jeff Kwatinetz for a short time, to help put something together. So I met with Britney. We discussed something. Everybody loved what we came up with. But it required a tremendous amount of work and a dedication that Britney decided to not want to put forth and do something that she felt would be better suited for her. And I completely understand that and it's totally, you know, cool.

KING: Were you embarrassed for her?

ANGEL: You know, she -- I understand what she goes through in her life. She lives under a microscope. And it's unbelievable to see what this girl -- it's difficult to watch. And so I really feel for her. I really want the best for her. I want her to be happy. I want her to be -- feel complete. And, you know, if she is happy with her performance, I guess that's what matters.

KING: Were you linked at all personally?

ANGEL: People were linking us personally.

KING: But were you?

ANGEL: I mean, well -- no. We -- we were -- we spent a lot of time together and we worked a lot on different things. But we didn't -- we weren't boyfriend and girlfriend, let's just say that.

KING: All right.

Just a few others in that vein...

ANGEL: Sure.

KING: ... Because I want to go back to magic.

Were you involved with Cameron Diaz?

ANGEL: Cameron Diaz and I definitely did date. And she is an amazing human being. I am honored to know her.

KING: A great talent.

ANGEL: A great talent, smart girl and has a heart of gold.

KING: Paris Hilton?

ANGEL: Paris Hilton is a friend. And we hung out a bunch of times. But we're -- we're friends.

KING: Lindsay Lohan?

ANGEL: Lindsay Lohan -- we hung out a couple of times. Nothing more than that. We're friends. We've spoken on the phone a bunch of times, in text and I hear -- I know that she's doing really well and...

KING: Yes, I'm glad to hear that.

ANGEL: ... I want the very, very best for her, as well.

... Nice

The One
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
It's nice how everyone in hollywood are all such great friends and how they want the very best for them as well. If we all would only take the lead of our hollywood idols I'm sure whole world would be at peace before the next Emmy nominations...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Lots of the 'so called' dating, if you check, you will find they have the same management outfits and it'd often for the pr.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mystero
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Mystero
This thread started with "Criss Angel Lie" and proceeded to list in excruciating detail Mr. Angel answering questions put to him and at no time telling any lies that I can see. What's up with the unfounded attack?
SantaClaus
View Profile
New user
North Pole
28 Posts

Profile of SantaClaus
Yes, where is the "lie"?

I'm no Angel fan, but I don't see any lying here.

The supposition is that the "lie" was saying "I don't want to be known for who I date." The "evidence" seems to be the implication that the subsequent interview shows him trying to be known for who he dates.

The quoted material shows nothing of the sort, unless there is evidence that he fed Larry King the questions to ask. What the interview shows is Angel answering questions put to him and denying dating several people, and acknowledging having date one person, but avoiding giving details. His comments on Diaz really come off as "that was in the past, let's move on to something else".

If anything, the supporting evidence shows Angel being CONSISTENT with his "I don't want to be known for who I date" comment.

Sorry, I don't want to come off as confrontational, I just don't think the premise of this thread is supported by the evidence that is given. If there are things that we can genuinely criticize someone for, and his character truly is in question, it muddies that stance if he's jumped on for everything he says in public, or for things that aren't problematic.

Just my opinion.
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Ya, I don't see any lie, I do see that he has dated or "HUNG OUT" with some hot celebs though..lol....lucky guy...Smile
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I can't see how hanging out with that SKANK Britney Spears would make ANYBODY a "lucky guy" aside from perhaps Hannibal Lecter.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel Lie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL