The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rascar - the mummified mystic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi,

As promised - what happened with little Rascar Higley, mummified Pygmey Sipan sorcerer.....

Audience was a bunch of youth from a treatment program.... I had time to have a room to set up a mock sideshow tent... and if anyone has bought a Zibit from Doug, you will get a book and other cool things on how to set things up to maximize the entertainment value.... so, it was set up in that way... youth didn't get charged to see it... but I had each one write on a numbered slip of paper what they thought it was and where it came from... after this was done...the makeshift "tent" turned into an open stage on one side of the room and the youth sat about in chairs, semi-circle style....

Various theories were then expressed by me about the nature of the thing... vague... but that it had very odd powers.... it could whisper to those attuned to the occult secrets of other's thoughts....

This led into the Q&A (yes, the slips)... at the end, an imaginative person was brought forward who actually gets to hear the whispers of the mummified horror... via a certain Cer***** device Smile....

Then when asked if people believed in the power of the mummified mystic now... still most said it was a trick and then I had Chris Taylor's device assist me in causing a small poltegiest crash behind the youth that had them leap....

Then it was over... and the lights wre turned back on full and we talked about charlatans, snake-oil salesmen, and other things... then to lighten the mood afterwards, did a few gambling demos... with Rascar implicated in giving me the ability to read cards etc... finale was a nice haunted deck with signed card.

No pictures as the youth were all patients of the program... but they loved it. It seems whenever I do horror it goes over well... last year I had two girls from the program fighting over who got to keep the bloody handprint of Lizzy Bordon...

So, thanks Doug! You are a master! The little mummified monster was talked about for the rest of the day - and today... and likely longer...

Now... the Martian... Smile.....hee hee

Best regards,

Dr S
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Hehehehe brilliant...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rascar - the mummified mystic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL