The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Very easy to do! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chokhoro
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Chokhoro
I found an amazing card trick on metacafe.com. It's very easy to learn. It works, but I don't know why and how. Maybe you can tell me?

link: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/903647/magic_card_trick/

Chokhoro Smile
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Well, type in the searchfield ' 21 card trick' and you get tons of info about this one.

Frans
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
The video to which you link is teaching you how to do the trick. Whichever stack your spectator indicates has their card, just make sure you put it between the other two piles. It will ALWAYS be the 11th card.

If you want to understand the mathematical principle behind it, get out the A-K of one suit, and the A-8 of another. Stack them, from the top with the A-K in order (if you chose clubs for this, the stack would go AC, 2C, 3C, and so on...), followed by the A-8 of the other suit in order (If you chose clubs for the first suit and hearts for this second suit, the top card would be the AC, and the bottom/face card would be the 8H). Now, go through the routine with this stack, choosing any of the cards in there, and watch what happens to the order. When you're done, reset the stack, mentally choose a different card, and watch what happens to the order again. After you do this 2-3 times, you'll start seeing the pattern and the principle that makes it work.

Here's a tip: After the third deal, and the spectator has indicated which pile it is in, get a quick look at the 4th card from the top, as you reassemble the deck. This will be their card. Instead of simply counting down to the 11th card, get out an invisible deck, and reveal their card with it!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Chokhoro, welcome to the Café!

You've hit upon one of the best effects almost everyone learns when they get started in magic! Why? Because it's self working and let's you do something magical that really can't be explained. Well...it could, but that's another story.

Scott's given you a nice way to vary the presentation. Play with it, show it to a couple of friends and then learn some new stuff. After all, magic is about the journey. Have fun!

Mark.
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
Every second person who knows a card trick will perform this and I find it to be a rather tedious card routine.
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Tom,

One interesting response is to repeat the trick but with all the cards 'accidentally' placed face down. Announcing the selection from this position can produce a devastating reaction.

Regards,

Paul H
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
I have a buddy that performs this, but has never shown me how!
Magical Phil-Kidzshow, LLC

"My Wife says that either all of my Stuff goes, or she does......" "Boy, I'm sure gonna miss her cookin'."
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Ventriloguy (may I call you "Vent"?) - if you want to mess with your buddy, check out Michael Ammar's take on this plot, in his Easy To Master Card Miracles series (no 9, I think). It requires a little work but is a good twist on a well-worn trick.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Mr. Ree
View Profile
Elite user
Sedona AZ
414 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ree
Quote:
On 2008-01-25 18:19, ventriloguy wrote:
I have a buddy that performs this, but has never shown me how!

ventriloguy:
Bet ya it was that little guy on the left side of your Avatar!

(Sorry couldn't resist.) Smile
An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
---- William Bernbach (1911 - 1982) ----

(After 25 years of PCs, everything switched to Macs, June 2008)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Very easy to do! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL