The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Advanced Thought by Bob Solari (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Here's my review for "Advanced Thought" by Bob Solari.
First, the effect from the website...

=====

Advanced Thought
by Bob Solari

Performer displays two decks, one red and the other blue. Spectator is asked to select a deck. Performer removes the cards from the Spectator's card case and spreads the cards showing them to be all different. Spectator is handed their deck. Performer begins to shuffle the cards asking the Spectator to do the same. Performer asks the Spectator to place their face-down deck behind their back. Performer does the same. Performer asks the spectator to turn the top card face-up and cut the deck again to burry this face-up card. Performer does the same. The Performer asks the Spectator to bring the deck in front of them. Performer does the same. The Performer now spreads the cards across the table. Only one card is face-up. The Performer asks the Spectator to do the same. Only one card is face-up. Amazingly, BOTH CARDS MATCH! This effect is simple and direct but the impact is staggering! Requires no sleights. Learn it in 10 minutes. Complete with red and blue Bicycle® decks, alternate endings also explained.

=====

This is one I had my eye on for quite some time and I think it was the reviews here that enticed me in the first place. Smile What a great effect. After a little bit of simple preparation, you're set to do this without having to prepare again. One of the stronger outcomes is that the performer's face-up card exactly matches the spectator's face-up card. In other cases, an alternative outcome is that you have predicted the card they chose by revealing a slip of paper, or on a business card...both very strong in my opinion. And this is all after the spectator has shuffled his/her deck and turned the top card face-up and then cut it back into the middle! The spectator will have no place to run with this mental effect. Smile

Everything is very easy to do and requires no sleight of hand. Another great 2-deck Solari effect! The trick comes with the 2 decks of cards (one red & one blue) and detailed instructions.

"Advanced Thought" was $20 at http://www.bobsolarimagic.com
http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/16-50.htm#advancedthought
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
Sounds like a great effect. I'm gonna have to check this out myself!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Advanced Thought by Bob Solari (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL