The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Eddie Gibson's Chinese Bit . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
I do like this set and I like the routine supplied by the great Sylvio Dokov.

Please could someone advise me if there is a version of the effect on sale using BRITISH coins perhaps consisting of a 10 pence piece, a 2 pence piece and a chinese coin? I do realise that even if such a version exists that the quality may not reach the heights of the Gibson coinage.

It is just that I have never really felt comfortable with the 'old english penny' 'half dollar' combination. Using coins taken directly from the pocket would seem to be preferable. Perhaps it is just me.

Many thanks. With best wishes Andy (English magician).
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Hi Andy, Mark Mason sells a coppers silver brass set in UK coins. http://www.jbtv.co.uk I think from memory it is a 10p a 2p and a chinese coin.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Thanks Christopher for the information and for the link.I will certainly follow up on this.Hopefully the coins are of good quality. I am not familiar with the products of Mr Mason although I am aware of his good reputation as a magician.

I normally do just three direct phases for this effect.If you are familiar with the effect and the coin set then the following will hopefully make sense.

The way I undertake the effect is to first show both sides of all three real coins before switching to obtain gaffed silver as a natural part of the routine.First phase is gaffed brass and copper to other hand. Then second phase is real brass and copper to pocket showing both sides of the coins.I explain that the reason why I am placing the coins in the pocket is to make it even more impossible for me to cheat! Finally I show the real silver coin on both sides and ask the spectators to keep an eye on it before placing it back in closed fist. Then of course gaffed silver comes out of fist and goes to pocket.When my hand opens to reveal the real silver coin and the real brass and copper are produced from pocket the impact is always very strong.

I am then left clean and all the coins can be examined again.As the spectators see it they have seen both sides of all the coins throughout the effect or so it appears!I try to make sure that the real coins match the gaffes in date.I no longer toss the coins from the back of my hand as too risky!

With best wishes Andy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Eddie Gibson's Chinese Bit . (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL