The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2002 entrée: TC Tahoe » » A performance critique » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
TC,
as entertainers, we all have our strengths and weaknesses during our performances.
What do you think are the strongest parts in your performances? Do you feel it's your natural abilities, or was it something that you worked towards obtaining?

Along that same line of thinking, what in your opinion would be your weakest area? As a performer, do you work towards improving the weak areas, or do you avoid them, relying more on your strong points?
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
I think my greatest strength is my creativity, and my greatest weakness is my creativity.

I usually get an idea and run with it, but then I get another idea and start running with that, good thing I never have ideas about scissors.

I am horrible at finishing things. "I’m an idea man Chuck" (anyone know what movie that’s from?)

On stage my greatest strength, without a doubt, is I’m likeable. People seem at ease with me right away, that’s why I can get away with stupid stuff, sometimes. If the audience likes you, you can get away with a lot more.

I think I am very non-threaten, even though I have a go at people, they like me. I do make it clear that it is all in fun. How does one do that you ask? I make fun of myself first, by be self-depreciating,
I believe they (the audience) knows I am not serious.

I know one of my weakness is, I tend to underplay things. I am often too subtle for most folks. Which is ok sometimes. If a bit doesn’t go down well, I make fun of the fact that it didn’t work. Johnny Carson was a master at this.

Oh, and doughnuts…

Smile Smile Smile
spfranz
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
137 Posts

Profile of spfranz
Quote:
On 2002-02-16 14:53, tctahoe wrote:
I am horrible at finishing things. "I’m an idea man Chuck" (anyone know what movie that’s from?)

I'm going with Night Shift. All time classic if there ever was one.

Scott
Never ask a dog to watch your food.
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
We have a winner! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2002 entrée: TC Tahoe » » A performance critique » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL