The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tony, you know full well I am not talking about that LOL. Please don't try to draw me into one of these silly debates. I get what Jim is doing and I admire you and Slim and anyone willing to go to the mat like that for a friend. Really I do.

But Jim would have been far better off simply saying something like "Criss, who ever said it was real? This is an entertainment competition right? Sorry you were so confused, but how was the performance?", then he would have been able to claim the high ground.

I mean he baited Criss PERFECTLY, I really think he did. I thought that it was a master stroke. BUT "Ideological Biggot" was LAUGHABLE. He had all the time in the world to see the pitch, and that was the best he could do? Try to sound fake smart? Oh man he biffed it completly.

He could have REALLY made an impact, instead of on a few internet chat boards.

I get what his "always on" thing is and is what I mean by not bothering to talk him from it.

I personally think that if anyone got past that nonsense, Jim would be a very interesting guy to have a cup of coffee with. Some of the things I have seen him put out there are very original, and could be very entertaining.

BUT when the worlds don't mix, each side looks silly trying to mix them. Be it Criss, Slim, Jim Tony or anyone on Criss' team. (Which they have simply avoided I think) It looks as if you guys are being really petty and you are LOL.

But please don't try to draw me into a silly debate, as I know Jim has his reality, and on occasion you guys are residents. Cool, I admire that tenasity. But please don't try to draw me into it LOL. In our reality, it did not come off that well for Jim.

I do want to say I wish him the best. I do think some of the things Criss does are WAY out of line as well. (as you guys may or may not choose to recall, I have said this since SEASON 1 and you argued with me, pretty ironic now you are on MY ISLAND!) I was actually looking forward to this and hoping Jim would really make a dent. I thought it would be pretty good for magic if we could stop the CGI stuff and get back to skill. I had hope that Jim would provide some extra push for it.

Unfortunatly all I got was "Ideological Biggot" which was a huge disapointment.

I wish Jim the best, I hope that he gets everything he expects in both worlds.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Danny

I personally feel that if the Writer's Strike had not happened when it did, Jim could have exploited that incident far more and better. America eats up controversy... Look at those who have been on "reality shows" and who has profited from them. Not all of them are the winers, in fact, the most controversial and those kicked off the show sometimes do better than any who last and win, Amorosa from the Apprentice is a prime example.

The main purpose of those shows is to get exposure, and everyone must admit, Jim did that!

As you say, I may look silly saying this, but sometimes the truth is a silly thing.

The only thing now is, can he exploit what has happened and turn it to his advantage? My thinking is that he will find a way, time will tell.

One more thing, Go Pats!

Tony
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tony, the strike should have been a GOOD thing for him.

But again, defend your friend, I admire that quality.

I hope it works for his advantage. Few can argue he has worked hard.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The strike took the talk shows off the air.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hey, like I said I wish the guy the best. I am not getting into a spinning contest with anyone. It is simply not worth my energy, ESPECIALLY since I have no need to be seen as defending Criss.

As I said both acted like children, and Jim looked like the smaller child at this point. No biggie. I hope he can ride the wave and come out somewhere where he wants to be.

Everyone knows the "facts" at least at they see them LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL