The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Who makes the best collectible wand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
In your opinion, who makes the finest of collectible wands for display. I want to give a gift so someone really special. Under $100 please.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Under $100 is a tough one...I was going to say Joe Porper or Thomas Wayne till I finished reading your post.

RNT II would be the one I would consider for quality and your price range. Check this one for $45
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
That's really nice...Do you have ideas in the > $100.00 range? If it is super swell, then I might go for it.
www.christophermanos.com
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Thomas Wayne makes the best in my opinion, but, you may have a long wait. The one I have is gorgeous. Wands from Joe Porper may be a much more readily available. I bought these two from Joe years ago.
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Very nice. I have several of Joe's paddles and had no idea about the beautiful wands he makes. Very nice - that's what I was looking for. I'll search for the Thomas Wayne one first. Thanks for the leads.
www.christophermanos.com
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I bought a Porper wand on Sunday that will be the presentation piece. Now I am after a Thomas Wayne one for myself...Hope the price is right.
www.christophermanos.com
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
Not sure where I first read it, but there's a place in the UK that makes nice wands. In fact, it's really cool.

They have this book they publish(ed) called "Mr. Pullman's Magic Wand Shop" and is the "True and Enchanting Tale" of the store as "it resided on Chapel Walk, off Far Gate in Sheffield Betwixt the years 1905 & 1915"

I just went out to get the URL for you - it's http://www.themagicwandshop.co.uk

Their prices are pretty good, and if I recall, the products got some good reviews (it's been a while; can't recall where I read it)

Also, at the time, they had someplace on their site where all you had to do was ask for the booklet I mentioned above, and they sent it to you for free, no purchase necessary. (Even here in the US!) I can't find on the site where they still do, but perhaps if you ask; it would make a great addition to any gift you might buy (I have my copy here)

Remember though; The wand chooses the wizard
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
DLF
View Profile
Regular user
LA via NYC
145 Posts

Profile of DLF
Where are the Thomas Wayne wands available? They're gorgeous.
Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Thomas Wayne does custom work, so you can contact him directly. He made my wand this past Summer and walked me thought the whole process, from my initial idea to the design and crafting of the finished wand. His suggestions were spot on and the wand is a work of art.
john magic wright
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of john magic wright
Brett Sherwood England they make beautiful wands highest price is five or $600 US they make the beautiful cup sterling silver’s commission to the Dai Vernon estate
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of mandrax
The Brett Sherwood or the RNTII are very good choices.
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of mandrax
TCC made a cheap and nice one lately.
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
Carl Williams made a set of wands (I believe 7) called “Wands of the Masters”. The tips were made of sterling silver having a face of a famous magician. They were made in very small numbers and now very hard to find.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
One can certainly buy a really nice wand without paying a fortune. Spending hundreds on one is not at all necessary!

By the way, the word COLLECTIBLE can be attributed to any nice wand since most are made in limited quantities. The price does not determine that.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
By the way, Mike Kaminskas makes very nice wands. Nice but not gaudy to distract. He makes them available from time to time.

I find it pleasing to buy from those who truly appreciate your business. Mike Kaminskas and RNT are good examples.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
The only high end two piece wands I know of these days are from Brett Sherwood, and Hidden Wren. Mike Kaminskas also sells great one piece wands, when they're in stock. Scott Jenkins now manufactures the Joe Porper line of products, but no wands yet from him.
John magic
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of John magic
Joe Fairchild ,Owens if you can fine one
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Who makes the best collectible wand? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL