The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Trouble with Carney Fingertip vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Hi guys - I've done searches, but haven't found help on this...

I have been working on this vanish via the description by Ammar in his green book - I just can't seem to get the effect right. Should my left hand be covering my right as I make "the move"? It appears that this sleight has do be done quickly to pull it off.

An yes- I have seen Dan Watkins clip where he uses the vanish - I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. (By the way Dan- I thought the routine was GOOD - just brief, and maybe just to be used for practice if nothing else).

Help always appreciated! Smile
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Don't use that clip as a litmus test, I don't think I did it very well at that time.

If you get ahold of the Stevens Coin Magic Collection Video Gary Kurtz uses the vanish as part of his performance of "Full Frontal Assault". There is a good example of its use.
Click to visit:
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
You may like to look at Chris kenners variation on the sleight in his book Out of Control...Aftershock is the effect it is used in.
Basically the coin is picked up between finger and thumb with the other fingers curled into a fist as you turn your hand over all the fingers turn out straight as the opposite hand takes the coin with the finger and thumb. This hand action makes the fingertip vanish a lot easier...all other aspects of it being exactly the same!!!
Hope this gives you enough information without exposing the method of carney's sleight.
Enjoy
Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Trouble with Carney Fingertip vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL