The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Blaine To Attempt Record Sleep Deprivation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 04:41, Finny wrote:
Whatever your view is on him guys.... He's got us all talking.

Yeah, but it's all negative! I don't really agree with that old "No such thing as bad publicity. How many people when they need an entertainer say, "Get that guy that everyone makes fun of and says he sucks."
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
I imagine watching this event in a nice comfy chair would not be a good idea if one wished (for some unfathomable reason) to watch all the way through.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
I visited NYC during Drowned Alive and even factoring in the digs, there was a buzz about him being in the bubble. it was a larger than life experience that people wanted to see with their own eyes.

also, this is only the publicity stunt to get people to watch the special which will (theorhetically) still contain magic.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 04:55, pepka wrote:
I don't really agree with that old "No such thing as bad publicity. How many people when they need an entertainer say, "Get that guy that everyone makes fun of and says he sucks."

Is it really the public saying this or just magicians?

Best,

Tim
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Now there's the rub. He's being touted as a "performance artist", not a magician by some. As for public buzz, I'm getting zip in my circle.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 10:13, Kevin Connolly wrote:
Now there's the rub. He's being touted as a "performance artist", not a magician by some. As for public buzz, I'm getting zip in my circle.

I've considered him a performance artist more than a magician for some time. Regards buzz... its early yet. He'll be doing the CNN and ET stuff before his stunt and then you'll see some buzz.

Best,

Tim
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-12-06 10:16, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 10:13, Kevin Connolly wrote:

I've considered him a performance artist more than a magician for some time. Regards buzz... its early yet. He'll be doing the CNN and ET stuff before his stunt and then you'll see some buzz.

Best,

Tim

I'm just answering your question about magicians or the public. I'm 5 miles from Blaine Central and hearing very little. With Cindi Adams breaking(?) this story, it's low on the radar.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 10:32, Kevin Connolly wrote:

I'm just answering your question about magicians or the public. I'm 5 miles from Blaine Central and hearing very little. With Cindi Adams breaking(?) this story, it's low on the radar.

No worries. He hasn't even officially confirmed the story yet so I suspect we'll see more when its officially announced and hyped.

Best,

Tim
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

I wonder how unimpressed will Penn jillette be.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 04:41, Finny wrote:
at least when he does a stunt, we know its for real.

Then it's not magic?
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
When Blaine did the standing on the pole thing, a client asked one of my agents (about me) "he is going to DO some magic right? He's not going to just stand there...?" Not sure how tongue in cheek he was.
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Well, I don't plan on loosing any sleep over it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Well, if you change your mind, "loose" some this way 'cause I can use it!
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Ut, oh! Typo police. Yawn.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
After about 11 days he'll start hallucinating and imagining that he's really a magician. Smile

David
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
I remember decades ago reading a Rolling Stones story, in Rolling Stone, Keith had been up for ten days straight...broken his own record - I think that was it ...there was partying involved...I think that was it...yawn
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
There's plenty of meth heads 'round these parts that can do 11 days easy.

If I stay up for more than 24 hours I get really angry. I can't understand what the draw is in all this stuff, but people eat it up.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Blaine To Attempt Record Sleep Deprivation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL