The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sudden Deck by David Regal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
Yes the box retains its shape for a looooong time. By the way SuddenDeck looks better in person.
white hats rule.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I watched the video again and it still looks great. I am glad that I can still be fooled!!
ME
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Big Question:

Will this fit inside a card guard??? if it won't, it will be like my other boxes and become unusable
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
this will be on my next magic order for sure!.....looks like a great opener!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I got the thing of the sides after showing it to my father, having watched it about 4 times. I had to Explain it tomy father because he couldn't get it.

It is one of those things where you say to yourself, "How am I ever going to get away with this one." It is not like the DL like some said or even the TT. Tell me whether I am wrong here. But it's like the Flustration Count for instance. It is soooooo obvious that you are not showing the back of each card. But people are fooled. The Cross Cut Force. It is soooo stupid and obvious what you are doing. (I always laugh inside myself when I see how people are fooled by such things. Even the "BRAVEST" of them)

I hope I made my point clearly, but usually people are expecting the secret to be something bigger and not so obvious. Their minds discard such things.

+++++++++++ for David. YOooooooohhoooooooo!!!

Ivan

PS: As an example of what I said about minds discarding things, take a look at this. Enjoy!
Yours,

Ivan
Dominique
View Profile
New user
Paris (France)
48 Posts

Profile of Dominique
Sorry Cardguy and Niva: I didn't want to seem arrogant when I said that the trick was obvious.
I had watched once the demo, and the handling is so odd that I figured out the method immediatly. That's all.
I must admit I'm tired sometimes with the next "will be" killer trick and all the buzz built up around it through this forum.
I still think "Sudden deck" is weak: of course the work of David REGAL in order to transmit the idea of "reverse" the case is clever, but I think this kind of trick -all 52 cards from nowhere- has to convince that the case can't hold at the very beginning the cards: the case is flat and/or folded for example.
In fact the point I want to stress, is that I think just the weight of the deck with this handling gives away the trick.
Cordially,
Dominique
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Of course you figured it out, you're an Magician. I think this trick was made to fool Layman instead of magicians...

It's a very strong opener, I'll love it

Take care,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2003-03-15 05:56, Dominique wrote:
Sorry Cardguy and Niva: I didn't want to seem arrogant when I said that the trick was obvious.
I had watched once the demo, and the handling is so odd that I figured out the method immediatly. That's all.
I must admit I'm tired sometimes with the next "will be" killer trick and all the buzz built up around it through this forum.
I still think "Sudden deck" is weak: of course the work of David REGAL in order to transmit the idea of "reverse" the case is clever, but I think this kind of trick -all 52 cards from nowhere- has to convince that the case can't hold at the very beginning the cards: the case is flat and/or folded for example.
In fact the point I want to stress, is that I think just the weight of the deck with this handling gives away the trick.

Dominique, at the bottom line, it really only matters what your audience thinks. If you buy it and it doen't get a strong reaction, I'll buy it from you.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Well said Larry.

Alot of magicians are deterred from buying magic tricks just because they know how it's done - don't be, because they're not for you, they're for the people you perform to - it's THEIR opinion that matters!

All the best,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Good talkin'.

And by the way, how much more openly can you show a case empty then being unfolded open and shown dangling from your fingers. We magicians now that the deck must besomewhere "behind". I experienced the illusion 3 times so I know what am I talking about. You did not get the illusion. And I a sorry for you. Smile I am not being harsh and sorry if I seem so.

Ivan.

PS: I cannot see the buzz you are talking about. In this forum there are 6,000+ members and this "small" number of guys (and girls. Sorry. LOL Smile ) are just stating that they love it. That's all, IMO.
Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
I do like the effect. It's diabolically clever and is typical of Regals excellent work.

But $25 seems a bit high when you consider that for about $10 more a person could purchase one of Regals (highly recommended) Constant Fooling tomes and get a whole book filled with equally good routines. For $25, one can also find whole videos filled with Davids wonderful routines.

Perhaps the cost of manufacturing the gaff for Sudden Deck is high?

It certainly doesn't seem like something that would be easy to assemble on your own.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Just a note, but if you think about it, and perform a slight modification, you can get the illusion of only having 2 flaps, although the wieght of the thing is pretty apparent no matter how you do it...

I still wanna know if the thing is small enough to fit inside a card guard =)
elushinz
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Orlando
132 Posts

Profile of elushinz
I think i've read enough. I was on the fence, but i'm just going to close my eyes, hit order confirm, and have sweet sweet dreams of reactions to come...

Tim P Smile
"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be f@#d up."
Mitch Hedburg
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
Quote:
On 2003-02-26 20:55, EvanAndrews wrote:
You show both side of it cleanly many times

Then why did they not do that on the videoclip?

Mikael
Rich Fredeking
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, Florida
147 Posts

Profile of Rich Fredeking
Quote:
On 2003-03-13 13:24, Steve Dela wrote:
I saw the video and figured it out instantly!
how do you go from having 2 sides to 3? because this is what happened on the video clip!
I decided to make my own up so that I could have a play around with it! it is a very good opener and would look very good as an opener in a close up comp!
well done David!
I give it 8/10 becuase the price is kinda steep.

Guys the Café is a great place for constructive criticism but don't go around dissing someones effect because it doesn;t look right to you. Your a Magician nothing ever looks perfect. Like many peoiple have said before, Think like a Layman. DO you really think an average person is gonna say "OMG there were different sides that changed" I don't think so. Its an awesome effect.
Rich Fredeking
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Quote:
On 2003-03-15 19:42, Mikael Eriksson wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-02-26 20:55, EvanAndrews wrote:
You show both side of it cleanly many times

Then why did they not do that on the videoclip?

Mikael

They "did".

I think, sometimes we have to close our magician minds and think like laymen. I know it is not easy as our eyes are now trained. But I will say it again. I did get the illusion of this right and I am not shy to say I have been fooled, because the effect was wonderful.

Ivan
Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Hey everyone. . .

I just recieved this yesterday, and worked out my own presentation rather quickly.

I perform five nights a week, for three hours a night. This atmosphere is a relatively nice gauge for me, and I can usually tell whether or not something is worth carrying on.

I must say this is worth it, completely. I used it about seven times, and, with the exception of two tables who were not going to be impressed with anything(we all know those people), it was extremely disarming.

My suggestion to all who perform this: Make a big deal about pocket space and condensation before you remove it from your pocket. use the flattened fascade as a reenforcement of what you've already said. I say this so you don't appear to be holding this too long in an odd way. Just pull it out of the pocket and show the empty box, close it up, and remove the deck. The more nonchalant, the better.

Also, my tip for storage: This will be an opener for my card work many times, and since I don't want it crushed, I am using a heavy, clamshell VHS tape box. Cut out a piece of storage foam to size, so that it pins the closed deck case into position. There is absolutely no way it can be damaged. I can violently shake the case and it neither moves. nor suffers damage from "pressure".

Hope this helps.

Ron
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Thanx for the mini review Ron and I'm glad it serves you well!

I CAN'T WAIT for mine to arrive!!! Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
[quote]On 2003-03-16 04:02, niva wrote:
Quote:
They "did".

I think, sometimes we have to close our magician minds and think like laymen. I know it is not easy as our eyes are now trained.
Ivan
Smile

Okay. Only testing it will tell if people will notice what I noticed. I think it's good enough to fool most people, and I can definately see a place for it in my act.

Mikael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sudden Deck by David Regal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL