The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Masks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LollyPopandPatch
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of LollyPopandPatch
Hi,

We have been asked to do a show for special needs teenagers and they have asked for some of the full head balloon masks instead of normal hats. The organiser has seen on various web sites as he thinks they will be tactile and good for the teens. Could anyone point me at a DVD or instruction site for them please ???
I've seen pix of one's like Taz and a shark but would like to use an instructions to learn the basics etc.

Thank you
LollyPop
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
LollyPop -

Kenton Kruger comes to mind intially. You can find his excellent DVD here:

http://www4.mailordercentral.com/tmyersm......ber=4724

Kenton does agreat job of giving you several "bases" and great mask examples. Once you get his concept(s) down you can modify things and develop your own designs. I highly reccomend this DVD.

Just a heads up. One one tip on working with special needs folks, they potentially can be more latex-sensitive than others, especially if their challenges are more medically oriented. I have done a few events with special needs children/teens and they have always been a lot of fun.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I love masks - but very rarely use them for anything other than decoration. I used to give kids the quick-&-easy one-balloon mosquito mask until one popped and snapped the child's eye. Luckily it was a mere poke - but it was enough to keep me from using balloons around the eyes. Just a thought, Lolly.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
LollyPopandPatch
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of LollyPopandPatch
Thanks Phill - have just ordered the DVD, it looks exactly what we need.

Skip - I can see precisely where you are coming from on this and it's something we will have to be very conscious of. Thank you for the heads up.

LollyPop
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Have to agree...balloons on the face are no good. There's a thing out there (I think it's CD ROM..I have it around here somewhere) called "Balloonicature" where you make a likeness of the individual with balloons. NOT meant to wear, though. I'd never give a kid or person something to wear on their face. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

Steve
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Dee White is your man!!

http://www.bezonline.com/content/blogcategory/10/105/

He has DVDs on making Carnival Masks.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Masks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL